[ s e q u e l - f i v e ]

"How are the progress reports coming? Schlatt asked as he walking into the room. I glanced up, my face etched with confusion.

"I.. I never said that I was doing progress reports." I said quietly. The scary part was that I was doing the progress reports. How did he know?

"Right.. uhh, yeah, Drista told me." He lied. I stared at him for a second before turning back to the papers.

"They're going fine." I said, although the last thing I cared about were the progress reports. I signed at the bottom and put them in the chest. "I'm going on a walk."

"You better not be meeting up with them." He said in disgust, referring to everyone in the revolution. "You're lucky I let you off with a warning."

"I'm not meeting with anyone. It's past curfew, they should be asleep anyways." I said as I walked out the door. I closed it behind me and let out a breath and didn't know I was holding. I swiftly made my way to the underground bunker where the meeting had already started, everyone sitting around the table.

"Look who decided to join us." Wilbur said sarcastically. "What took you so long?"

"Schlatt held me up." I sighed. "And I think I have confirmed our suspicions."

"Which ones are you talking about?" Eret asked, referring to the many far off theories we had come up with.

"The mind reading one." I said grimly. Everyone groaned.

"Seriously? Of all the theories that one just had to be true!" Drista complained, putting her head on the table.

"It's not as bad as we think." I said. "We just have to train our minds. Control our thoughts when we're around him. Make sure we aren't thinking about anything that could give it up again. As far as we know, he could know all about our plans right now, so we just need to keep it on the down low. I'm going to make this the last meeting for a little while. Everyone do your normal stuff, don't act suspicious. Same goes for me and Wilbur. We act just as we did before, got it?"

"Got it." Everyone repeated.

"Alright. I'll see you guys when I see you, who knows when the next meeting will be." I said. Everyone dispersed from the table, talking amongst themselves as they walked out in their groups at different times, so no one would see them leave all together. I stayed at the table, chipping away at a splintered piece of the wood absent mindedly. Dream was still sat across from me, his group was last while the rest of his group (consisting of Techno and Phil) stood in the corner of the room talking about who knows what.

"I'll catch up with you guys." Dream said as Techno and Phil got ready to leave. They both left and Dream stared at me intentively, causing me to look up.

"So what on your mind?" He asked quietly.

"A lot." I sighed. "We're in deeper shit then I thought."

"Yeah. I really hope we can get this over soon so I can focus again on what matters." He said. "I want my discs back."

"Oh, so that's why your talking to me. Seemed a little sus in the first place, had to admit." I said. Dream continued to stare at me, his gaze unwavering.

"And either way, you won't be getting them. I burned them." I lied. If I had really burned the discs I would've been dead a long time ago. Dreams face stayed calm, but I had learned how to read him. He was panicking inside, not doubt about it.

"Why would you that?" He asked, his voice eerily calm.

"It's better that way. You know it. Now once this whole Schlatt thing is over we can be peaceful for once. And either way, the discs rightfully belonged to Tommy. They always have." I said. Dream ran a hand through his hair and sighed, staring at the table. I got up and left the room, leaving Dream alone. I met up with Wilbur outside.

"What was that all about?" He asked.

"I dunno, just talking I guess." I said.

"You have to amends with him eventually." He said. "You can't just be enemies forever."

"Trust me, I've tried harder then I've tried at anything in my life. He won't budge."

"But if you hate him as much as he hates you then why are you trying so hard?" He pushed.

"Because its best for everyone. It's better to be friends so we won't have to deal with more conflict after all this. But he's hung up on those stupid discs. I know I should stop trying but I just can't" I said.

"And why's that? Why do you keep trying with someone who doesn't want to try back?"

"Because, Wilbur." I sighed. "I can't let someone I love that much go so easily."

a/n- thank you all for 40k it means the world <3