[ s e q u e l - t w o ]

"Why won't you leave?" I asked.

"Because you haven't done it yet. And I will continue to torture you until you do."

I averted my eyes from Dream, it had been two weeks now. Blood splattered across his cracked mask, the smiley face taunting me more then ever. It was almost like he was decaying as the days went on, his body getting weaker yet his words stinging stronger.

"I've told you this. I can't do it. They won't let me." I said, referring to Schlatt and Wilbur. It would be easy to change Drista's mind, I knew she had been regretting it as well, but the boys wouldn't budge.

"It's not about changing their minds. It's about defeating them."

"Then they would have to defeat me first."

"You mean I would have to defeat you." He retorted.

"No." I said sharply. "You're not real. You wouldn't have to defeat them, everyone else would."

Dream, or whoever or whatever this person was, sighed.

"We'll see about that."

[•••]

I stared at myself in the mirror. Dark bags under my eyes, my skin was dull, similar to how I looked in exile.

"Sage." A voice said gently from the doorway. "You have to get out of the house at some point."

I turned around and met eyes with Wilbur. He looked sympathetic, but serious.

"Plus, it's not like they're gonna listen to Schlatts orders much longer." He chuckled. I laughed a little as well although it wasn't genuine.

"I'll come out. But no assembly today, I could care less." I muttered. Wilbur nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, guiding me outside. Everyone in the area stopped and looked at me for a second, surprised after my week long absence before turning back to what they were doing. Eret's gaze lingered a bit longer, his face contorted with worry. I kept my head down as I walked with Wilbur to the docks where we both sat down at the edge, our feet dangling over the water.

"Do you want to talk about it? Sometimes letting it go can help." Wilbur said gently, referring to my episodes that I had been having at night. I shook my head almost immediately.

"Take your time. Just don't hold it in forever, alright?" He said, giving my hand a squeeze. I nodded blankly.

"I regret it." I said after a moment of silence. "I want my friends back."

Wilbur stared across the water, deep in thought.

"Me too." He said. "I miss Fundy, and Niki, and as much as I hate to say it Tommy." He said with a sad smile while I laughed a little at his Tommy comment. We sat in silence for another moment.

"Everyone hates me." I said in almost a whisper. "It will be easy for them to forgive you, but me? Not a chance."

"Well, think about how we were before everything. Complete enemies. And look at us now." He said. "They'll understand that you were in pain. They'll understand why you did it, I'm sure. He reassured.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"So do we want actually... y'know, do this?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Like, fix it? Free them?"

I looked down into the water. I did, I really did, but that means I would just have to betray even more people.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I do."

a/n- sorry for short chapter but i think it ended on a good note lolz