[ f o u r ]

"i don't want my friends in danger

in danger."

"Have you gone batshit crazy?" Tommy yelled.

"Yes! It's logical, Tommy. We have absolutely nothing to lose! Nothing! If we can't have Manberg Tommy, NO ONE can have Manburg." Wilbur yelled. He had somehow come up with this mental plan to blow up Manburg at the festival, and he's already planted the tnt. I sat at the table, biting my nails as the two boys quarreled.

"Wilbur." I said quietly under his shouting. They both ignored me.

"WILBUR!" I yelled, slamming my hands down on the table. Both boys looked at me in shock.

"I have something to lose." I said, motioning to my crown sitting on my bed. I took it off once I was exiled, but never got rid of it. I used to be queen of the smp. But not anymore, I guess.

Both boys looked at the dirtied crown and then looked down at the table.

"We know." Wilbur said. "But your brother isn't even a part of Manberg anymore. He betrayed us."

"That's not what I'm saying." I sighed. "If you blow it up at the festival, everyone there dies. That means me, Technoblade, Tubbo, Eret and anyone else you actually care about."

Wilbur sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Choose what you want to do, Wilbur. But you're being selfish." I said quietly before walking outside.

I walked into the field to see Dream laying in the grass, gazing up at the fluffy clouds.

"Mind if I sit?" I asked. He nodded towards the spot next to him and I laid down, ignoring the itchy grass. We laid in comfortable silence for a few minutes, enjoying each others company.

"Nice job with the armor." I said. "It's good that we have someone on our side."

"I'm on no ones side, Sage. This is a war between you and Schlatt. I won't get involved, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to help you." He said simply.

"Lucky you." I chuckled. There was another moment of silence, a light breeze carrying through the air.

"Your a good fighter, Sage. Almost as good as me." He laughed a little.

"Wow, that's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You know it's true." He said, lightly punching my arm.

"Well in that case I'll consider myself flattered." I said sarcastically, batting my eyelashes. We both laughed a little.

"I best be off. Got things to do." Dream said, standing up. "See you around, Sunshine."

I got up not long after Dream and made my way to the river in front of the base, where Techno was sharpening his axe.

"Hey Techno." I said, sitting next to him.

"Hello." He said, the scraping sound of his axe against the rock making me cringe.

"Are you going to the festival?" I asked. He nodded.

"Surprisingly, yes." He shrugged. "Sage, what do you think they'll do if they actually take back Manberg?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. Wilbur will probably become president again, why?" I responded. Technos face fell a bit.

"Just wondering." He said before abruptly standing up and heading inside. Well that wasn't a very long conversation.

I sighed and stood up as well, deciding to join Tommy and Wilbur in the ravine. I walked down the steps to see Tubbo and Tommy there, but no Wilbur. They were discussing the festival.

"He's gone insane! He wants to explode the whole thing!" Tommy said in a hushed voice. (Tommy being quiet? Shocker.)

"Why? It's his nation!" Tubbo said in disbelief.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and said hi to the two boys before heading to the furnaces. I started cooking some of the potatoes from the industrial sized potato farm that Techno had made.

I made me way into the farm and started planting the seeds silently. I felt the figure behind me, watching me, but I decided to ignore it.

"Can I help you, Tubbo?" I asked finally. I turned around to see the brown haired boy standing in the doorway of the farm looking nervous. From what I knew, Tubbo was somewhat scared of me as was a lot of people.

"Is Tommy right?" He asked. "Is Wilbur going to explode it?"

"Not if I can help it, not like he'll listen to me anyways." I shrugged as I continued to plant seeds. "Wilburs in denial. Once he sees that he can take back L'Manberg I'm sure he'll have a change of heart."

"What do you mean if you can't help it?" Tubbo questioned.

"Wilbur and I aren't exactly best buds." I explained. "You know that I'm a member of L'Manberg, right Tubbo?" He nodded.

"Of course, you've been there since the beginning!"

"Well he doesn't really consider me one. Especially after... y'know." I said, referring to my brothers betrayal. "So there not much I can do. Wilbur won't listen to me. And to be honest I don't even know if I'll ever go back to L'Manberg, even if you guys reclaim it. Nobody wants me there. But I don't want it to be blown up. I don't want my friends in danger."

I didn't realize until after I said it that I had called them my friends. It was a nice word to be able to finally say.

"What do you mean you won't come back to L'Manberg?" Tubbo said sadly. "I want you there! And so does Tommy!"

"I appreciate it, Tubbo. But I don't belong there. Trust me, I'll be around. Always. But I think it's best if I stay out of the city for a while."

Tubbo nodded solemnly.

"Well, thanks Sage. I'll see you at the festival!" He said. He gave me a wide grin before walking off.

Maybe I had some friends after all.

expect some more tubbo and sage friendship moments in the future :)