9

( new drawing up for chapter 9!!)

1 month later November

1 month later
November

___ scans the photo in her hands, eyes softening at the round face of the raven-haired boy smiling. It was a shame that he had to be introduced to the jujutsu world at such a young age but clans were harsh on tradition, especially if the child shows so much promising talent in the early years. They want to hone it as soon as possible with the best resources, which happened to be Jujutsu High School.

"He's only five years old." ___ grimaces.

"You should know what it's like for the child, you've experienced this before." Yaga stated. He didn't mean to rub salt on her wounds but he wanted ___ to face the harsh truth. She either has to help train the boy when het gets sent to the school or reject the offer and let him suffer in the comfort of his own home.

"I'm sure the ___ clan trained you since you were his age just to prepare you for being Yatsukahagi's host." Yaga continued.

"But this is a high school, not some daycare. We're barely even adults and the higher ups are asking us to take care of a child?" ___ retorted. Although she was voicing her concerns, she refused to bring up the fact that she was still traumatized by the death of her sister and Riko. She couldn't bring herself to take in another child and have him end up with the same fate, it would just be too much for her fragile heart.

"Well, they offered a large sum of money, as well as enrolling him here once he's old enough. With the decline of students these past years, they thought it was too good of an offer to pass up." Yaga rubbed his forehead in exhaustion.

Personally, if it were up to him, they'd ask them to wait a few more years before having the boy train at the school but the Nishikawa clan was persistent.

"So, will you do it?"

___ sighs and takes another look at the boy in the picture. Did she really want to?

"No child should ever go through something so cruel."

"Then let's protect her."