Denial

MOUNT JUSTICE

August 19, 19:39 EDT

"Initiate combat training." The computer voiced.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

Claire stood off to the side with M'gann and Artemis, watching Superboy and Kaldur as they ran up to each other.

"Kaldur's uh, nice, don't you think?" Artemis asked the two girls standing next to her.

"Handsome. Commanding. One of you should totally ask him out." She said with a grin.

"I don't think he's really M'gann's type," Claire stated with a smirk at the martian, nudging her head at the shirtless Kryptonian boy in front of them.

"But what about Artemis and Roy?" Claire asked, earning a glare from Artemis.

"What? You're both stubborn, and you can relate with archery. Even though he's a cocky piece of work, y'all would be cute together." She finished with a nod of her head.

M'gann turned to Artemis with a grin. A second later, a matching grin appeared on Artemis' face as they both turned to Claire.

"But you know who'd make the cutest couple?" M'gann asked with a smile that made Claire shift uncomfortably.

"Claire and Wally!" She finished, looking over to the speedster, eating a bean burrito.

Claire puffed her cheeks out and put her hand over her mouth. "I think I'm gonna throw up in my mouth." She informed.

"You both argue like a married couple; you're both very passionate about food-" M'gann began but was interrupted by Artemis.

"And let's not forget the incident last week in the fort." She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Um, that was a dare! I was forced!" Claire exclaimed, attempting to save herself from the embarrassment.

"I'm not talking about the dare," Artemis revealed with a grin before pulling out her phone. A picture of Claire and Wally sleep cuddling on the floor was on the screen.

Claire quickly snatched the phone and looked at it closely.

"This means nothing. We were asleep." She stated, handing the phone back to the archer.

"So you say," Artemis responded before wiggling her eyebrows again.

"I hate you both," Claire said, causing the other two girls to laugh.

As if I'd ever date someone like him.

Claire looked over at the ginger so busy devouring that burrito that he didn't notice the beans falling out of the wrap and staining his shirt. Not to mention the bits of beans falling onto the floor that he no doubt wouldn't bother to clean up later.

"Failed Aqualad." The computer sounded.

Claire turned her attention back to the two boys who had finished sparring. Superboy clearly being the victor.

"Black Canary taught me that." The clone remarked triumphantly as he helped Kaldur up off the ground.

"Hate to break it to ya, Superboy, but you're not the only one Canary's been training," Claire revealed with a smirk, flexing her right arm out.

"Really? Well, maybe we can finally settle who's stronger?" The Kryptonian shifted into a combat stance.

"It's me, but you're on," Claire responded before walking forward, widening her legs and raising her closed fists to the sides of her face. Taking on the combat stance that canary showed her.