Targets

METROPOLIS

September 7, 05:42 EDT

Claire sighed audibly in contentment as she sat on her bed in her pajamas, a bag of popcorn, and her usual sour patches laid beside her as she began to catch up on that zombie show that she had been missing.

"Oh my lovely sour patches, how I've missed you. I won't let anyone or anything interrupt our date." She announced to the little candy in her hand before popping it into her mouth.

As she went to grab another one, her phone rang, saving the life of the poor candy for now.

"Hello, I hope you realize that you've interrupted some very important me-time. So this better be good." Claire stated in slight annoyance, answering her phone and pressing pause on the laptop in front of her.

"Hey, Stellar, it's Wally." The boy announced from the other side of the line.

"I'm aware of that Wally, why else would I answer the phone?" Claire asked before getting up off her bed and pacing around the room, her fuzzy socks sliding across the floor.

"And why are you callin' me, Stellar?"

The line went silent for a moment before he returned with a whisper. "Claire, I kinda need your help."

Her eyebrow raised in response, "With what?" She asked skeptically.

"Well... I kinda... Maybe... Told everyone in my school that I was dating a superhero." He rushed out quickly.

Claire stood still, no longer pacing around before she slapped her palm to her face. Probably loud enough for Wally to hear since he winced slightly.

"So now you want me to, on my day off from school, mind you. Become Stellar, come to your school, and pretend to be your girlfriend?" Claire whisper yelled into her phone.

"Well, when you put it like that..." He trailed off, clearly meaning yes.

Claire grumbled, "And what makes you think that I'm gonna do this?"

"Please, you're the only one who can." He stated earnestly, gaining himself an annoyed roll of her eyes from everyone's favorite blonde superheroine.

"Why not ask Artemis, or better yet, ask M'gann," Claire stated, throwing ideas out there and hoping that she didn't have to go through with this plan.

"Megan started school today with Superboy. Plus, Artemis is in school too." The speedster deadpanned.

"Ughh!!! Why on my day off? Why! Why! Why!" Claire groaned as she walked over to her bed and angrily slammed her face into her pillow.

"So you'll do it?" Wally asked, his excitement practically flooding through the call.

Claire sighed before grabbing her suit from her closet. "Yeah, yeah, I'll do it. Just text me your school address or whatever."

"Sweet! Thanks, Claire!" He whispered before adding, "Oh, and make it believable okay?" Quickly hanging up the call before she had a chance to chew him out.

"I should really get paid for this," Claire grumbled before walking into her bathroom down the hall, changing out of the Pj's that she was content on staying in all day and into her super suit.

She walked back into her room to pick up her phone, where Wally had already texted her the address, and saw her forgotten sour patches lying on the bed.

"I'll be back later, okay," Claire whispered to the box before kissing it lightly and wiping a stray tear from her eye.

-