Humanity

MOUNT JUSTICE

OCTOBER 10, 16:58 EDT

"Pineapple juice?" Captain Marvel offered Wally, who sat comfortably in a pull-out chair in front of the rest of the team training... well, everyone except Claire.

"Ahh! Just what the doctor ordered." The ginger declared with a smile, sipping the fruit juice through a plastic straw with a tiny umbrella inside the glass.

Captain Marvel knelt down to examine his cast, "How's the arm doing, Wally?"

The boy in question took another sip of his pineapple juice before answering.

"Well, nothing wrong nachos can't cure."

The leaguer perked up at that, "Nachos? Oh! I'll go get you some." He announced, hovering off the ground before flying into the kitchen.

Wally smirked to himself before turning his attention to the blonde sitting next to him in her own pull-out chair.

Claire wore one of her civilian outfits with a pair of sunglasses over her face. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail as she diligently read through one of the only forms of entertainment at the cave.

A Victoria Secret magazine.

The blonde lowered the magazine with a glare at the speedster from behind her mirrored glasses, "You should really stop using Captain Marvel as your personal butler." She notified after laying the magazine on the side of her chair.

"I'm not using him. My arm is broken, remember?" He retorted, waving his cast-protected arm in the air in front of her.

Claire raised her sunglasses to the top of her head so that he could see her rolling her eyes, "It's not like your legs are broken. Plus, you can move your left arm just fine. You're just being lazy." She accused, narrowing her eyes in a scrutinizing manner.

"Your outfit is terrible, by the way." She added, a playful smirk tugging on her lips as she lowered her sunglasses back over her eyes.

The ginger looked down at his yellow shirt with a small but faded barbecue sauce stain on it. A red unbuttoned flannel was over it, with his signature blue jeans and a pair of worn-out black sneakers.

His face burned as he turned his gaze back up at her, "Like you're any better, what's with the sunglasses indoors?" He asked skeptically.

Claire just shrugged, "Because I'm cool like that." She replied, turning her attention back to the rest of the team just as Black Canary blew her whistle. Signaling that training was officially over for the day.

"Good work, everyone. In fact, it's been a very productive week." The blonde Justice Leaguer praised with a smile and clap.

Artemis scoffed with crossed arms, "Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malingerer."

Wally, who was busy enjoying his pineapple juice, opened his eyes with an incredulous expression, "Once again, arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here."

"And you?" Artemis asked, turning to Claire, who had gone back to reading her magazine.

She shrugged and lowered both her magazine and sunglasses.

"I'm keeping Wally company."

The ginger smiled at that.