Bereft

"Hey."

"Hey you..."

"Hey, beautiful, wake up." A voice whispered in Claire's ear.

"No mom, I'm not ready yet," Claire grumbled as she swatted the voice away.

Wait... Hey beautiful?

Claire's eyes snapped open, and she's met with an emerald-eyed boy with fiery red hair standing over her with a grin.

The grin was creepy, but he was sort of cute.

"Ah! Who are you?" She asked, immediately scooting back away from the boy.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." He said tenderly, holding his hand up as if calming a scared animal.

She looked around and found that she was sitting in a wooden shack with what looked to be blankets covering up holes.

"Oh my god, did you kidnap me?" She asked in fear, turning back to the ginger-haired boy with her mouth slightly agape.

"What? N-no, I'm one of the good guys." He responded. Claire stared at him confusedly.

"You know, Kid Flash." He stated, flexing his arm.

"I've seen Kid Flash on the news; he wears yellow, not black," Claire responded, standing up off the ground.

"Yeah, a little unclear on that myself." He put his hand on his head, looking down at his suit before looking back up at her.

"What about you, Captain Atom fixation?"

She looked down at herself confusedly but gasped at what she was wearing.

A black suit with a yellow star-like symbol on it.

"Who put me in this?" She exclaimed.

He whistled quietly, "Wow, I am not touching that with a 10 foot, ah..."

"So, uh, since you're wearin' that emblem. What powers do you have?"

"I don't have powers." She deadpanned.

"I don't even know how I got here. I just want to go home." She stated, sliding down the wall and curling into a ball.

A single tear rolled down her cheek that she quickly wiped off.

As she wiped her cheek she felt something on her eyes, taking it off she realized that it was a mask. But she also revealed her sky blue eyes to the boy in front of her.

"Wow, your eyes are really beautiful." He complimented.

Instead of a reply, Claire stayed silent and caused him to sigh.

"Look, I'll get you home, but first-" He began, walking toward her.

"No, don't come any closer." She ordered, thrusting her hand out in front of her protectively before it glowed, releasing a golden blast at the ginger boy.

His eyes grew wide before he narrowly dodged the beam, moving to the side. The beam created a hole in the wall as it imploded.

Claire gasped before pulling her hand back, staring at it in awe.

"I thought you said you didn't have powers!" He exclaimed, throwing his arms up.

"I-I don't..." She stuttered, shaking her head defiantly as she stared at her hand in surprise.