Health and Hygiene Tips: UTI

Hey everyone! Before I let you all continue reading with this post I would like to thank Ash for writing and submitting this piece today.  💖 Now with that out of the way here's what's Ash has for today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all! This is Ashlee, but please, call me Ash. So, this is a fact: Girls get periods. This is also a fact: Girls are more prone to UTIs, or Urinary Tract Infections.

Almost everyone gets UTI at least once in their life time, and as a girl who is so prone to them I practically have them all the time, I speak from experience when I say that those abominations hurt like hell!

Basically every part of your lower abdomen hurts. Yes, even down there. And when you pee, it's like peeing liquid fire! And gosh, that actually hurts for hours. So, in case some of you are going through the same thing, I'll be your health expert (mostly from experience) here on SGC.

So, for today I'll be sharing some period and UTI tips. So, here we go!

UTI:

•Drink tons of water. At least a litre or two a day. Yep, you heard me right. That much water. You need it to flush out all the nasty bacteria out to get you. It's better if you add some antibiotics to your water, because some of them come in liquid form which you need to add to water and juice and then drink.

•Use a heating pad. Placing a heating pad on or near your lower abdomen helps with both abdomen pain and the, um, down there burning. Don't ask me how, it just does

.•Ignore the burning. Alright, so, the burning, depending on the intensity, can be ignored. And if you ignore it, it can actually help it go away, or at least you not feel it as much. So if the pain is a little or medium, get out there and do stuff you'll normally do!

•Drink cranberry juice. Yes, you heard me right. CRANBERRY JUICE. It helps in UTIs. Pretty random, but even taking cranberry pills along with your antibiotics can help.

Thanks for reading and I hope it helped! Stay strong, girls!