♦Stay Healthy ~ Carla♦

It's very important to nurture your health and watch over it like you do the stock market. Your health is more important than your finances and as they say "health is wealth"
So when taking a decision for the future.. choose a healthier option rather than the option that makes you richer if the two aren't the same. Give health your priority.

In today's scenario everybody has a 9 to 5 job a family and several other responsibilities. One hardly finds time for health.

Here are some tips for working people.

1. Stay Active

•Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
•Instead of the lift, take the stairs.Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
•Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.

2.Eat Healthy
•Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fibre, and keep you feeling full.
•Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? Stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
•To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
•Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
•Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar.
•Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash, while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
• Try to stick to the timings you set. It will help digestion and keep you feeling better.

Keep your weight in check. And maintain body weight and ideal BMR.
For weight loss, please do not follow fancy diets just cut out all the sugar, reduce (not delete) carbs, increase (a bit) proteins and reduce unnecessary fats.

The best form of exercise for weight loss is HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training. There are several articles online as well as youtube that can help you with that. My personal favourite is jump rope - simple, safe, easy for travel and non injurious and very effective.

3. SLEEP
In capitals. Because whilst the other points are followed by many most modern working/studying people have a bad sleep schedule and lack RAM sleep (i.e. deep restful sleep). It maybe due to stress, poor eating habits, late nights, drug overdose/smoking etc.

To get a restful sleep:

•Create a sleep schedule and stick to it.
• Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
•Avoid watching TV or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
•Pay attention to what you eat and drink.
•Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.

4. Watch your posture

5. Meditation and deep breathing to calm yourself is essential

6. Be Positive (very important will be discussed later.)
A positive attitude has been known to even help cancer patients survive longer (not proven but observing 4 patients battle cancer and others battle other diseases.. I've noticed positive people heal faster and fight better).

7. Personal Hygiene
Personal hygiene habits such as washing your hands and brushing and flossing your teeth will help keep bacteria, viruses, and illnesses at bay. And there are mental as well as physical benefits.

•Bathe regularly. Wash your body and your hair often.
•Trim your nails. Keeping your finger and toenails trimmed and in good shape will prevent problems such as hang nails and infected nail beds.
•Brush and floss. Ideally, you should brush your teeth after every meal. At the very least, brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily.
•Wash your hands. Washing your hands before preparing or eating food, after going to the bathroom, after coughing or sneezing, and after handling garbage, goes a long way toward preventing the spread of bacteria and viruses.

If someone you know hasn't bathed or appears unkempt, it could be a sign that he or she is depressed
For most people, good hygiene is so much a part of their daily routines that they think little about it. They bathe, they brush their teeth, visit the dentist and doctor for regular checkups, and wash their hands when preparing or eating food and handling unsanitary items. To keep those you care about healthy and safe, help them learn, and be sure that they are practicing, good personal hygiene.

8. Be Happy - discussed in chapter 1.
Happiness is essential to both health and success

Wishing you health and happiness!

Hope you like my first post guys!