{22} Being Comfortable Isn't Always A Good Thing

Alice:

"So you decide that letting the twins have a party in my loft was a good idea?" Derek's irritation is obvious in his tone of voice. Especially as he finally throws the last few plastic cups in a black trash bag. I nod my head from my spot leant up against one of the brick support beams of the loft.

If I'm not mistaken this is the one that had to be rebuilt when I got thrown almost completely through it. Fun times...actually no they really freakin weren't.

Everyone else left home once I along with Allison and Isaac explained what the Oni are, or atleast what we know about them. But I have the feeling that they also left in such a hurry so that they wouldn't have to help with the clean up. Then again it's not like I helped all that much either.

"I thought you hated them?" He asks as he looks around making sure that everything is back in its rightful place.

"Oh I still do. But I thought I'd be funny to see your face when you found out about it." I grin and wink as he sends me an unamused glare.

"Eh, you'll get over it big guy." I wave off his glare. "Especially since I've seen that look in a guy's eyes before."

"And what look would that be?" In a flash he's already standing in front of me. I pull an innocent face and wag an index finger at him.

"The same look that guys give whenever they're madly infatuated with a girl." I lean up closer to his lips, only leaving a centimeter or two of space in between. "No matter how many times she tells him that she'll only end up hurting him."

Derek responds by closing the space between us and pressing his lips down to my. My back hits the brick column behind me as I kiss back.

His fingers dance across my hips before undoing the zipper and tossing it to the side. I break the kiss and help tug off his own shirt. "Are you sure about this?" I ask with a tone of amusement.

Lifting me up, I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He doesn't reply and instead reconnects lips as he travels across the loft to I'm assuming his bed on the far off side.

"And why wouldn't I be?" He questions, his voice a soft whisper as my back hits the plush covers of the bed. I don't know why, but I find it hard to smirk at him and instead genuinely smile as my fingers play with his dark black hair.

Derek hovers above me his green eyes piercing into me blue ones, waiting for an answer. "Because assholes like me will only end up hurting good people like you." His face lights up with a warm smile and he moves some hair that fell in my face.

"I don't know. I'm pretty sure that people think I'm an asshole too." I can't help but laugh at this. He smiles down at me before placing his lips back on mine. I kiss back, not knowing why I'm talking to him if I never do that when I'm about to sleep with a guy.

Either way all these jokes, all those attempts at trying to be a better person only exemplify the undying fact that I am and will always indeed be a bad person. Doesn't matter what I do or who I help because you can't be some who's stopped as much hearts as I have and still be kind.

▪▪

I slip on my last boot by the loft door, trying to be as quiet as possible. Don't get me wrong he didn't do anything wrong but I am doing something that I really shouldn't. I'm getting too comfortable here with Derek and everyone else.

Quietly as possible I pull open enough of the door Just for me to squeeze out. I turn around straining my ears to see if the man on the bed is still asleep. His quiet snores reach my ears and I close the door.