{29} Terrible People Do Terrible Things

Just to clarify this chapter starts off after the oni and nogitsune are finally gone, but the flashback takes place during all that hoopla.

Alice:

My eyes watch as the last rays of sun begin to disappear, allowing the night to begin to peak through the sky. Even though I'm sure as hell not one to waste time and watch sunsets, and the fact that my eyes are burning from having watched it so intently, I did find some form of odd relief in it.

Everything is finally over. Well at least the whole Nogistune and Oni problem that is. Because turns out one of the twins, I believe it was Aiden, got killed the other night too. Lets also not forget that sooner or later a town like this will only attract more problems and tragedies.

"Margo was my grandmother on my dad's side." I shift my gaze to the side and meet Derek's eyes. "She was such a kind woman that it's hard to believe she was even involved in a hunter family. But she managed to keep Gerard level-headed which obviously went to waste when she died."

I roll my eyes in annoyance from the old man who's now wasting away in that assisted living home. Serves the asshole right if you ask me. Plus I haven't even gone to visit him, or consider him my grandfather anymore since the night he tried becoming a werewolf.

Deciding that I've had enough of half laying around I sit up in the stool and massage the side of my face that was planted on the table. "She never got to meet Allison and vice-versa but it fits that they named my sister after her since they ended up being alot alike in many ways."

Derek listens through the whole thing only nodding along to reassure that he's actually paying attention. Which surprises me that he doesn't mutter something about the Argents here and there. I open my mouth to ask what has him in such a supportive mode but the words never slip past my tongue since he speaks first.

"I'm just glad that you're finally opening up to me more." He answers to the content smile stretched across the features on his face. Which looks alot better then that I-have-a-stick-up-my-ass scowl he usually has on. "Makes this relationship seem less one sided."

I hum in response and motion for him to get closer so I can lean my head on his arm. Since the stool is pretty high up I can actually lean up against his shoulder even if he's standing up. But after almost a minute of silently starting our the large windows I find that I'm for sure not this type of person. It's just way too boring unless I'm really deep in thought.

"My dad left today to France with scarf boy." I bring up the topic with an impassive tone. Derek shifts in his spot to look down at me with a frown. He already knew that scarf boy was leaving I guess he just didn't know it'd be so soon.

"Are you alright?" He asks, eying my face carefully. I nod my head in response, but I guess even with my expressionless demeanor he assumes it just has to bother me. "Alice, if you don't verbally tell me then I won't believe you."

"Honestly I'm fine!" I snap. Unfortunately my sudden outburst causes my eyes to shift to a much brighter blue. With a shake of my head I clamp my mouth shut and breath in and out of my nose. "Fuck. No anchor. No control again." I groan when that all to familiar ache of not being able to fully shift passes by.

He rests an arm on my shoulder and I place my hand over it. After a few minutes I finally manages to simmer down and get a hold of myself. "I'm planning on leaving too." I remark. His surprise from the sudden confession is evident when his holds tightens on me.

Derek turns my body in one swift movement to face him before bringing me close to his chest. I don't fight his hold as his arms encircle around my waist. Instead I bring my own arms around him and allow Derek to relish in the embrace.