{25} The Nut House

Alice:

I lean up against the wall beside the pay phone. Which I'm still thoroughly surprised even exists. Anyway turns out that Derek and my dad were framed for the murder of Katashi, aka silver-finger, by Stiles. Or rather by the Nogitsune possessing his body.

Yes, I'm beyond pissed about it.

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" My dad asks.

"Only minor." The vet responds. "The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days."

Damn it. Seeing as how I don't take too kindly to others trying to blow up my family, like most people do. If the Nogitsune does take control of Stiles again well I'm not about to let it go around having it's fun. If you know what I mean.

"But while it does works, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?" My dad questions as he looks around to make sure no one besides me is close enough to hear.

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history." Deaton says in a slightly worried tone. Which makes me about ninety percent annoyed knowing he won't tell us why. "It might not be all that safe for the Oni there as well."

"What's the second problem?"

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The Yakuza Boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll." Deaton replies to my dad's question.

"What scroll?" Scott's voice asks from the other side of the line. He's with Allison and Deaton at the vet-clinic since the five of us can't exactly all merge here at the station and have a lovely conversation about trying to get a teenager free from what's possessing him.

"A Shugendo Scroll." Deaton elaborates. "The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan."

"The scroll has information on how to exorcise a Nogistune." My dad explains while cupping his hand over his mouth. I don't think he'd last long here in these cells if someone hears him talking about exorcisms. If anything he'd be moved in a heartbeat with Stiles to the nuthouse.

"So we need to find that scroll?" Scott asks, making me roll my eyes.

I lean in closer to the phone in my dad's hand. "No shit, Sherlock." With that I lean back before someone realizes that I'm not actually monitoring my dad's phone call but rather am part of it.

"I did get a name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid." Deaton informs us. "He was with Katashi."

"He's the guy who met with Alice and Isaac to buy the gun." Allison remarks, making me wish I would have been able to kill the guy for trying to kill us. Ass.

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself." Deaton says.

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things. Alice even went in herself to double check." My dad tells them. "And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on him at all times.

After a few more minutes of talking amongst eachother, Allison brightly brings up the possibility of it being in Katashi's actual silver-finger. "Alright well you better get back to you cell or else Agent McCall is going to throw a hissy fit." I say as my dad hangs up the phone. My arms wrap around him in a quick hug before both of us go our separate ways.

After my dad almost got blown up the other day I've realized the horrible fact that I can easily lose him or Allison. Especially with the type of town we live in, and I really don't know what would come of me if that day ever came.

Being sentimental has never really been my thing -- but protecting my family is. Even more so with how little amount I have nowadays. I let out a breath through my nose and take a seat at my desk.