28

It was around eight and I was already up, as was Lexi who was getting dressed at the moment while Zayn brought us breakfast and set the table. I was nervous as it is, it is her first day ever going to a public school. Maybe I'm just afraid to let my baby go and grow up. The thing that scares me the most was that Liam and Nick were out there and I don't want anything happening to her.

"Your cinnamon toast madam." Zayn said all proper as he poured me a cup of tea and set a flower in the center of the table along with a fruit bowl.

"Are you the health police?" I asked with a giggle and he shoved me to the side and groaned.

"No, but she needs a healthy and nutritious breakfast." Zayn smiled widely and I rolled my eyes before sitting down.

I heard small footsteps come down the stairs and there stood Lexi all dressed and ready for her first day of school. She smiled widely before running over to me and crawling into my lap to hug me. "Look at you cutie." I said kissing the side of her head as she began to pick up my toast and eat it.

"I'm finished let's go!" Lexi said after one bite now getting off of me and grabbing her backpack. She had one strap around her shoulder and ran back to me grabbing my hand and tugging at it.

"Honey you've gotta eat first." I told her not wanting her to starve from not having breakfast which is the most important meal of the day. Unless you're Niall then all meals are important.

"No, I want to go to school." She begged tugging on me some more before I groaned and stood up. Zayn got up to and followed me out of the house and to the car. Zayn sat in the drivers seat and started the car up while I buckled Lexi up.

"You excited baby?" I asked her as Zayn pulled out of the drive way and headed towards her preschool. My hands were all sweaty, I think I was more nervous than Lexi.

"Here we are, driving, down the street to school!" She sang kicking her feet up and down. I'll just take that as a yes from her. Zayn got into the left hand lane and leaned back driving with one hand on the wheel.

"You seem nervous Addie?" Zayn questioned as I began fanning myself and rolling down the window to get some cold air.

"Does it show?" I asked not able to sit still in my own seat. I wished Ashton was here to so we could both watch her walk into preschool together, both of us watching our little girl growing up.

"Just a tad, but you'll be alright." He reassured me shaking my leg with a chuckle.

"I hope." I said nervously chewing on my bottom lip.

It was silent for a little while before Zayn turned towards me, "I know you wished Ashton was here." Zayn said with a shy smile.

Twirling my hair around my finger I nodded, "Yeah I do." I sighed with a sniffle. "I just miss him so much Zayn." I said about to tear up but I knew I couldn't. I needed to stay strong for Lexi, I don't want to scare her.

"I know kid, I know." Zayn sighed running his fingers through his hair. He finally pulled up to the school and Lexi squealed with excitement.

"We're here!" She yells kicking her feet rapidly while giggling. Zayn parked the car as the two of us got out and got Lexi before I took a deep breath.

Walking up to the school Zayn held opened the door and the inside was decorated with drawings that they must've done. Lexi looked all around with her mouth open, gaping in amazement. Once we got to the class room Zayn stopped her and kneeled down to her level.

"Come on Zen." She said tugging at his hand impatiently wanting to get to class.

"This is a big day for you Lexi, you're starting preschool." Zayn said with a smile.

"Come on Zen." Lexi said annoyed groaning and pulling on him again.

"You're becoming a big girl now Lexi." Zayn said and Lexi dropped his hand.

"Bye Zen." She said walking into the class room by herself. I chuckled before following her in quickly behind and noticed she was just standing there looking around the room.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Honey." A lady with golden hair said to me sticking out her hand to greet me.

"I'm Addie, and this is Lexi." I said introducing myself and Lexi.

"I'm Zayn, the God-"

"Father." I said cutting him of with a grin knowing he wouldn't say that at the end. "But a very close family member." I said to her and she nodded giving me a smile.

"This is Tommy." Mrs. Honey said as a little boy with brown hair stood next to her and it was above his eyes. He wore a crown on his head.

"I'm the prince." He said puffing out his chest with a smile, "Wanna be my princess?" He asked and I saw Zayn tense up.

"Okay." Lexi said walking away hand and hand with Tommy.

"I love you Lexi, remember space is your friend!" Zayn said before I began to push him out of the door.

"Have fun baby, we'll see you in an hour or two." I called over to her, she smiled and waved at me before I left and stood in the hall with Zayn.

"You okay?" He asked as I looked back into the class room watching her smile brightly and having fun.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I said smiling knowing that my daughter was happy being here, and I knew she was safe.

-

"Mommy!" Lexi shouted coming into the house running super fast my way. Picking her up I hugged her tightly and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi baby, how was school?" I asked her as I set her down. She got into her backpack and pulled out a piece of paper that was colored on.

"I colored daddy a picture," she said showing it to me and I smiled at how cute it was. "It's a teddy bear that's hurt but he gets better." She said with a smile and I immediately hung it up on the fridge.

"He'll love it baby." I told her kissing the top of her head.

"Let's watch a movie!" She said running over to the tv to turn a movie on.

That's when my phone rang and I answered it, fearing of who it was on the other line.

-

im a terrible person ik cliffhanger but don't kill me.

im sorrrry

nicole xx