6

It was dinner time and I decided that it'd be a great night for spaghetti, which was one of Lexi's favorites. I got her plate ready and she sat at the dinner table waiting for me to sit next to her as usual. Sitting down next to her I brushed her hair back as the two of us began to eat.

"What did you and uncle Luke do today?" I asked her as I took a sip of my water.

"We went to get ice cream and saw a movie." Lexi smiled widely while kicking her feet that didn't touch the ground.

"That was nice of him, I hope you thanked him baby." I said and she nodded reassuring me.

I heard a knock on the door and got up wiping my face before answering, opening the door I saw an angry Luke who walked into the house. He started pacing and growling while his fists were clenched at his sides.

"Um Luke?" He stopped and looked up at me as he removed his hood from his head. His lip was busted and his cheek was bruised, walking up to him I grabbed his hand and saw his knuckles, all purple and red. "Luke what the heck!?" I snapped giving him a look.

He took a deep breath as his jaw locked, "I went to go talk to Ashton, I don't know I felt a wave of anger go over me thinking about how much he hurt you and I lost it. I punched him, he obviously did it back and it was like that until his mum saw us and broke it up." Luke explained, Lexi got up and got an ice pack from the freezer and wrapped it in a towel before grabbing Luke's hand and having him sit down while she held the ice pack to his cheek. He smiled at her widely and kissed her on her head.

"Luke, you can't- you could've gotten seriously hurt and you know I don't like fights." I told him now getting a wet paper towel and dabbed it on his lip which he winced in pain to.

"I know but I got so mad, I've been waiting to do that for so long, he deserved it." Luke said shifting in his seat.

"I have to see if he's okay." I said, we may not be together and we may not be getting along well but I still care.

"I hope I broke his nose." Luke mumbled as I picked up my phone and called Ashton.

It rang for a few seconds before it stopped and I heard breathing from the other line, "Ashton, are you okay?" I asked quickly wondering if he was alright.

"No, actually I'm mad at you." He snapped and my mouth dropped in disbelief, what the heck did I do?

"Why?" I asked a little irritated with him.

"I can't believe you, having fucking Luke come and beat me up because we had an argument and I upset you? Really Addie?" He snapped once again, now I was mad.

"I never told Luke to go do that, he said he was going to talk to you, I had no idea Ashton." I explained to him raising my voice.

"Sure you didn't Addie, if you want me to get out of your life fucking say it because I will stop trying to get you back in mine." Ashton argued now yelling through the phone.

"Ashton I don't want you out of it at all, I told you that but I need time to just think." I said sighing.

"You don't act like it." He said back.

"Ashton-"

"Save it, just don't worry about it. Goodbye." He said cutting me off and hanging up. I let out an angry scream and walked over to the couch and buried my head into the pillow. What is with Ashton lately he's been acting like an asshole ever since he came to my doorstep.

"Looks like there'll be a round two." Luke said getting up and I rose from the couch and ran towards the door standing in front of it so Luke couldn't open it.

"No, I don't want you fighting anymore, please." I pleaded and he sighed going back to sit down. I followed Luke as he grabbed my arm and pulled me down into his lap, wrapping his arms securely around my waist.

"Hey Lexi, wanna pick out a movie for us all to watch?" Luke asked her and her eyes lit up at his idea as she ran into the living room to pick out a movie.

Luke started to get up and that meant I had to as well, walking to the couch I laid down and Lexi laid on the love seat. Luke got on the couch I was on and pushed me off the couch to which he chuckled to until he picked me up and smuggled up to me. "Jerk." I mumbled and he squeezed me tighter.

"You love me." He said burying his head in the crook of my neck. The movie started and it was Tangled, one of her favorites.

We all got comfortable as the movie opened up to the opening credits which Lexi started to skip through until she stopped it. "I wanna be a princess." Lexi said to herself thinking we didn't hear her.

"But you are one." Luke said to her blowing her a kiss and she smiled at him and blew one back as he caught it and shoved his hands in his pocket, "Forever keeping that." He said to her. Luke was so great with Lexi, all the guys were in fact but Luke loves her so much.

"Luke you're so sweet." I said to him as he chuckled tightening his hold.

"Yeah, but tomorrow she's in for a big surprise." Luke said and I swear I knew he was smirking.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Really, she'll love it." He said as we got quiet and watched Tangled.

-

where is a store, i must buy huke lemmings immediately!

and ash, stop being a asshole.

nicole xx