Back to School (Volume 5 Chapter 1)

Start from the beginning

Heath: Says you!

Jaune: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Qrow: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.
Nora: And we are going up!

Nora then points to the sky, a huge smile on her face.

Y/N: Right! Let's move!

With that, the group now made their way towards the academy.

---------------

Eventually, after half an hour of walking, the group enter the campus ground of Haven Academy, devoid of any other people. They stop in a courtyard, where Ruby smiles and wipes a tear. Glancing at her, you put a hand on her shoulder.

Ruby: We made it.

Y/N: Finally...

However, upon looking around, you felt that something was amiss. But, you shrugged it off. Qrow then stops behind and takes a moment to glance around. He then lets out a sigh. 

Inside the academy, you all walked in a hallway towards the office.

Ruby: HELLOOOOO?

Without a response, Ruby tries again.

Ruby: HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!?

Nora: Maybe try... louder?

Heath: God please no, my ears hurt...

Ren: There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Heath: Well.. school isn't really in session right now. So...

Y/N: No... no no, there SHOULD be people here.

Heath: Huh? Why is t-

Qrow: He's right, something's wrong. Come on.

Qrow hurries ahead.

Ruby: Wait for us!

Heath: W-Wait!

The group then picked up their pace and soon, all of them are running to a pair of double wooden doors. 

Heath: Guys, what's the rush about? What's going on?

Qrow then comes to a stop in front of them, draws his sword, and extends the blade.

Heath: Huh?

Qrow: Get ready. There could be trouble.

Y/N: Right.

The rest of the group then draw out their weapons, all except Heath who simply stayed still stunned. 

Qrow then brings up his foot and kicks the door open. Just on the other side, Leonardo Lionheart widens his eyes, throws his hands into the air, and lets out a frightened scream. Everyone else except Qrow widens their eyes and scream as well, while Ren gives the headmaster a confused stare. 

Standing on one foot with his eyes wide, Qrow suddenly looks down, loses his balance, and falls. Shortly after, Lionheart makes a noise and briefly faints. The group then let their weapons down and stare dumbfounded, while Qrow sits up.

Ruby: Uh, Professor Lionheart?

Lionheart gasps and sits up. 

Lionheart: Qrow! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me half to death!