The Next Chapter (Volume 4 Chapter 1)

(The Land of Darkness)

In the Land of Darkness, a pool of black slime bubbles. A black paw rises up from underneath, then another paw, and before long, an entire body rises up. A menacing growl comes from the body, revealing the face of a Beowolf. The Beowolf rises up from the ground, letting up multiple roars as it begins to wander around the land.

From the castle, the 2 familiar faces of Emerald and Mercury reflect in the moonlight, as they watch from the castle windows. Emerald has her hand to her mouth while Mercury seems slightly disgusted at the sight. There, a finger snap alerts the two from behind, as they turn around to see the main room of the castle.

A wide shot reveals a large windowed room, at the center of which is a long purple, crystal table. Four people sit at the table with seven chairs, one of them being the late Fall Maiden. Emerald and Mercury now move away from the window, walking towards their leader's side.

A man with a mustache looks at his scroll attentively. Beside him, another person with a crazed look in his eyes crouches in his seat, resting his arms into his knees. Beside him, a big and bulky man sits in his chair, as he appears to be sound asleep. Then, across him, Cinder sits quietly, while Mercury and Emerald move to her side. Emerald nudges Mercury out of her way so that she can be directly next to Cinder.

"Yes, yes, keep your posse in check." The man with the mustache says, and that angers Mercury slightly as he moves towards Watts. However, Emerald holds him back.

"You hear that? Silence."

The bulky and big man gives the man with the mustache an unimpressed glare.

"I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you." The man with the mustache says. Then, the crazed man across him laughs to himself quietly.

"If I were you, I'd hunt her down. (Snickers) Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?" The crazed man cackles in laughter, earning a glare from Cinder. She tries to speak, only for gasps and exhaling noises to come out. Emerald then leans in to hear what her injured leader has to say.

"Pathetic. Why did you even—"

The man with the mustache was interrupted by a bang of a door. The doors open and everyone stands just before a pale woman enters. She glides alongside the table with soft footsteps before reaching the head of it, jewels jangling from her hair. She then stops, facing away from them and toward a candle and crystal display.

"Watts."

The man in the mustache, now identified as Watts, straightens his posture as he looks towards the pale figure named Salem.

"Do you find such malignance necessary?" She says, and a slight glimpse of worry appears on his face. She then gestures everyone to sit down.

"I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure." He explains, as he and Salem sit down simultaneously.

"Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?" She asks.

"Well, the girl with the silver eyes, and the boy who is that man's offspring." Watts says.

"Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it that 2 novices had managed to best two of us?" The bulky man asks, as he earns a glare from Salem.