Back to School (Volume 5 Chapter 1)

Sorry for not updating in a few days, I got hit by fever and diarrhea and needed to take a break. I'm back now, so let's do this!

NOTE: There will be a LOT of changes to how things play out in this Volume.

---------------

"The City of Mistral..."

Seen inside a long tunnel, Qrow led the group, Heath included in the squad.

Nora: Ugh, it's about time! Whose idea was it to walk again?

You gave Nora a glare.

Ren:  Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

Jaune: Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us.

Ruby: Yeah... but, at least we came out of that fine! 

Jake: Heh, not ALL of us.

Qrow glares at the blue-hooded teen.

Qrow: Hey.

Jake: Just sayin'.

Qrow then rolls his eyes and chuckles.

Jaune: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Heath: Oh we're close! Qrow's just led us the long route. If I was leading, we'd be at the office by n-

Qrow: Whatever, kid. I just figured to take you kids on the scenic route.

Heath: I could've done that too, ya know...

Heath pouts and looks away, causing you to chuckle. You then rubbed his hair.

Y/N: Maybe next time.

Heath glances up at you and rolls his eyes, but gives you a smile right after.

Eventually, the group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: Woooooow!

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby: This... is... AWESOME!

Y/N: Woah...

Qrow: It's certainly something.

Heath: Welcome to the city of Mistral, everyone! 

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking, and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Ruby then notices a kiosk below her.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Qrow: Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

Heath: Most of it illegal, by the way. But, that's how it goes here.

Jake: Sounds like you've done your fair share of shoplifting, eh?

Heath: Umm...

Heath sweatdrops and glances away.

Jake: Heh, criminal.