how he proposes

requested by thesarangsense xx

- JOSH

it is the day after christmas. together with your family you're staying at the beauchamp's house. even though you all gave each other presents yesterday, josh told you he had one more present for you. everyone gathered around the christmas tree where a big box was places next to.

"okay, so for this gift i need to blindfold you." he says as he steps behind you and carefully ties one of his bandanas around your face. after making sure you can't see anything, he helped you down, to sit on your knees in front of the box. "alright, so this is what's going to happen. you're going to search for your present in the box. ones you find it you will have to guess what it is by feeling it and if you guess it, you can keep it." josh explains as he opens the box for you. "and if i guess the wrong thing?" -- "then you try again. but you'll probably know what it is ones you feel it." he says as he places a quick kiss on you hair and then steps back, giving you some space.

"ready?" he asks. you stick up your thumb. "go!" you quickly put your hands inside the box, feeling something that seems like a scrambled paper. "is it paper?" you guess. everyone starts laughing. "that's the stuffing, you have to dig deeper." josh laughs. you do what he says and dig deeper into the box, still not feeling anything else than paper. this is when you decide to make a mess and remove the paper out of the box.

after a few seconds you finally feel something. it is hard and cold. you lift it out of the box and start moving it in your hands to feel what shape it is. your mouth opens widely ones you realize what it is. it is a lock with a key in it.

around a year ago you were walking over the brooklyn bridge with josh, admiring all the love locks that were locked on it. you and josh made a promise that if you guys were married, you would come back to put your lock on it.

without waiting for permission or even telling josh what's in your hand you take off the bandana. ones your eyes are finally used to the light, josh is on his knee opening a tiny box with a beautiful engagement ring in it. "will you marry me y/n?"

- NOAH

today is your tenth year anniversary. you're currently sitting in the car, on your way to the luxe apartment noah booked for the weekend.  when you finally arrive it almost dinner time. noah suggests that you already check in while he parks the car.

you're okay with that and walk into the lobby. after you text your boyfriend that you have the key, he immediately reads it and responds.

you can go up already,
i'll be there in a sec
i'm just going to asks
the staff to help bring
our luggage upstairs

okay! we got room 317

you press the button for the third floor in the elevator. ones you arrive at the right floor, it takes you a little while to find your room.

when you open the door and turn on the light you see tons of red rose petals and little candles laying on the floor, forming a path. you hesitate to wait for noah to come up so you can explore the apartment together, but the curiosity is too much so you put down your handbag and follow the path.

it leads you through the beautiful kitchen towards a closed door. you pull down the door handle and slowly open it. ones it's fully open you can't believe what you see.

somehow your boyfriend is already in the apartment. one of his knees is on the ground as he holds up his hands that hold a little box.