Chapter Eight

Toby's POV

Lyra always made me feel better. Sure, she couldn't talk back, so it wasn't like a conversation, but it always makes me feel like she's listening. I hear leaves crunch behind me, and I fight the urge to look or tense up. "I've had a good day today, what about you?" I say as if I'm expecting an answer.
I hear leaves crunch again and a pocket knife snap closed. It's just Masky. "Y-You don't have to hide, Masky. I kn-know your there," I mumble, half hoping he doesn't actually come out.
I hear a sigh then foot steps. Masky sits down by me and looks at Lyra's grave, clearly trying to act like someone is there. "So . . . What are you doing?" He asks.
"Ju-Just talking to Lyra." I sigh.
"Lyra?" He asks.
" . . . Why-Why don't you just go back to Jay." I growl.
"So that's what this is about . . ." He mutters.
"What do you me-mean?" I ask, acting oblivious.
"You're jealous. I show attention to someone else for even a few minutes and you get jealous." He laughs.
"I-I'm not jealous. I'm mad. . . You p-picked him or me."
"He's used to be one of my best friends! And you're-"
"-Just a kid? Just s-some annoying kid that you use for-for sex?" I scoff.
"What? No! Toby that's not true and you know it!" He yells.
I flinch and stand up, making sure he sees my glare. "Y-Yea, I know it's no-not true, but I-I know it is true that you prefer hi-him over some annoying, stu-stuttery, twitchy, kid." I growl, then run off. I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm going away from him. I lean on a tree when I can't hear his foot steps running behind me any more. I sigh, panting for breathe. I shouldn't have done that . . . He was just happy to see an old friend . . . I would have done the same for Lyra . . . Why am I such a jealous asshole? I'm actung like a bitch. I pull out my phone and search through the contacts till I see Masky's number. Should I? Would he just yell at me? I hesitantly press the call button and slowly put the phone to my ear. He answers imediatly and starts yelling at me, sounding mad and concerned. "Where the hell are you?! Don't just run off like that! And why the fuck did you say that?" He yells, pissed off, but clearly worried about me.
"I-I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have done that. I'm acting li-like a child from a high school movie," I say, trying not to cry.
Damn I'm to emotional.
I hear him hold back a laugh. "Yea, you really pissed me off, and you made me think you hated me. . . You don't, right?" He says, kind of sounding more like he's talking to himself.
"I-I don't hate you!" I yell, making sure he knows I'm not lying.
He hangs up and steps out from behind the tree I'm leaning on and pins me to the tree.
"Good. 'Cause if you would've said no you would'nt be alive," He smirks.
"This is manipulation," I remind him.
"We're already killers, what's the harm?" He laughs.
I smile and kiss him, releifed when he kisses back.

A/N
I know this isn't really high school related but I wanted to add some Jealous Toby. I figured since being in heat is kinda like a period, but with out the blood, he would be more emotional and get jealous easier. So it all worked out.