The Vampire At School

Hello!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Killua's POV

"I'm going to school with you."

"Really?!"

"Yeah." Not like I have the authority to make that decision. But oh well, I have my ways. I accidentally manipulated my nails while thinking about it, but I didn't realize it until I felt a warm hand cover mine. It wasn't Gon, the hand was too big to be Gon, and it definitely wasn't Leorio, his hands would be cooler than this. Which means it had to be Kurapika.

I glanced up at the blond, and though he didn't look at me, I could tell he sensed me looking. He tapped my hand. When I looked down I was surprised that it had changed. I didn't normally lose control of my nails. This is a sign that I should start training again, if I don't and my family finds me, my death will be set in stone. And so will Gons. There's no way I will let that happen.

"When are you coming?"

"Tomorrow... I guess," I replied. I didn't really know how this whole public school thing worked since I was always homeschooled. I guess I'll find out if I can just walk in or not tomorrow.

"Killua, you need to register to be a part of the school," Kurapika spoke up.

"Ok then, I'll do that... Where's the school?"

"You know the movie theater? If you go there and then turn left, go forward until you reach Elk Lane, about three blocks away."

"Thanks!" I smiled, "See you later." I said before running off in the direction of the movie theater. I could hear them calling after me about leaving early, but I had a mission. Leorio and Kurapika have certain obligations at the school, so they can't look after Gon all the time. But I've already completed high school, so I could protect Gon from the bullies whenever he needed it, I would just need the principal to permit me to be in all of his classes. Should be easy enough.

By following Kurapika's directions, it didn't take long at all for me to find the school. It was a medium-sized building with large glass doors and windows. The building itself was made of dark blue bricks. It had a large nature filled park all around it. There were stones and flowers, so it gave the place a calming aura. There were also larger stones that created a trail to the main building. There were no buses in the parking lot, but there were a few cars, probably for the teachers and faculty.

I walked down the handmade pathway and entered the building. I was lucky that the front door was unlocked, I wasn't sure if the faculty had keys or not. There were, surprisingly, a few students wandering the halls and in classes. No wonder the doors were unlocked...

Soon I began to search the building for the principal's office. While I'd never been an actual student, I had been to a school when searching for victims. I'd be that 'new kid', it was a perfect disguise because if you play it off right, you'll become popular quickly and then targets show themselves to you like flies to honey. So I knew approximately where the office should be, near the front entrance.

For some reason, I had decided that going through a side entrance was a good idea, but now I realize that I was mistaken. I could feel all the people, students and teachers alike, staring holes into my back. I quickly shot them all an icy glare and they all immediately went back to their tasks.

"Do you need any help with anything?" I small voice came from beside me. I looked towards the source of the sound, and came eye to eye with a blonde girl. She had bright blue eyes and wore a gothic red and black dress. Kinda out of your time, don't ya think?