The Human's Fate

So, uhh, I'm changing the plot. I had an idea a while ago for a different way this story could go, so I'm gonna follow through with that. If you would like to know what the original storyline was, you can just go ahead and ask me in the comments.

Trigger Warning: Slight Gore

—————————————————————————————————————

Killua's POV

I woke up at midnight, my was swollen and bloody from how deeply I'd been biting it. I sighed and watched as it sealed up, remembering how Gon wasn't with me. He was probably asleep... Why had he been so mad? Was he still mad? Was I allowed to go check on him or would he come to me?

I walked over to Gon's room and knocked lightly on the door. "Who is it?" He called out.

"It's me, Angel. Will you let me in?" The door slowly creaked open and I stepped in before cautiously pulling him into a hug and shutting the door. "What's wrong Angel? Why were you so angry? Did I do something to upset you?" I questioned looking desperately into his honey-colored eye.

He looked away from me, "You lied... again. Why do you keep breaking your promises?!"

Huh? "Which one did I break?" I asked confused. For as long as he could remember, the only promises I made were that I'd get him out of here safely and that we'd live happily together one day.

"You promised you'd never leave me again!"

Again... Again?! "You remember!" I gasped before breaking out in a grin. "That's great! Oh, I'm so glad you remember me!"

He glared at me, "I don't remember much. Just that you left me and let me fall into despair before promising that you'd never ever leave me again... no matter what. So how could you?! How could you break such an important promise?! Don't you realize how much I was suffering when I found out you left me?! Aunt Mito had to console me for weeks! And now you're doing it again?! I don't want a runaway snow, I want my snow to stay right where it belongs, with me!"

I sighed, of course, of all the things he would remember, it's the one thing that could strike a chord. "Angel, please, calm down. I can't help you if you're not calm enough to accept my help."

"Calm down?! You're breaking your promise, Kitty! I told you I didn't care what happened to me—"

I cut him off, "Yeah? Well, I care about you. I care about you more than the world, and I'm not gonna let you live a miserable life so you can stay with someone you hardly remember. Of course, I want to stay with you, I want to be with you for every second of our lives. But, I know my family, they won't stop until you're dead, not unless we can come up with a compromise. All they want is me. You can find thousands of vampires out there who would fall in love with you in a second, but, I can never find someone like you. Even if their training kills me, you'll be able to find a replacement, you have no idea how easy it would be."

"Nobody can replace the one you love! Don't you understand that?!"

"Of course, I do, and I know I'll always have a special place in your heart. But, it's time you let someone else have you. Spread your light Angel, give it to someone who loves you alright? Go... for me. Let me stay, that way you'll be safe... My family won't hurt you as long as they have what they want."

"No... No! I can't leave you!" Tears fell from his eyes as he held onto me tightly. "I can't let you go! You'll die here!"

"As long as I'm dying for you, it's okay. I knew I'd need to let you go at some point, I knew my family would do something eventually. So leave, leave knowing that it's the only thing you can do to make me happy. If you stay, you'll only make me feel worse."