A Vampire Has Chocobots

And we're back to the actual story! Leopika backstory has finished, for the most part, I might add some random chapters here and there for how they met and when they started dating. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know, do you guys want that?

------------------------------------------

Kurapika's POV

"That's... quite the story," Mito commented. "So then you've known for how long? 2 years?"

"Yep," Leorio answered. "Well, almost 2 years. It'll be two years on November 23."

"Why do you keep track of that?" I asked.

"Because it's an important memory for me."

"Still..." I was honestly happy that he was keeping a record of it, I didn't want to forget it either. It's something that I cherish, a memory that reminds me that it's not the species that makes the person, and it's not the person that makes the species either. A species means nothing in the long run, it's all about who the person is.

"Aren't you scared of him though?" She asked as if me being afraid of him was the only reaction I could possibly have.

"No, I've never feared Leorio. However, there was a time where I didn't trust him at all. But we're over that phase."

"It's true, Kurapika wasn't scared of me at all really. He just really really hated me." Leorio jumped in.

"You're wrong, I didn't hate you either. What I hated was your species. I clearly didn't hate you, I offered you my blood three days after I found out." I corrected.

"Why weren't you scared of him?"

"Well duh! Kurapika's not afraid of anything!" Leorio blurted out.

"Does that mean that you were the one who was helping Killua too?" she asked, I had expected this question from her. She wasn't an idiot, she would piece it together easily, and I knew that from the start.

"Yes, I did help him... twice," I sighed.

"I'll never understand you guys. I should really pay closer attention to who Gon's friends are."

"I mean... the only people you shouldn't have let become his friends are Tonpa and his little gang."

"You're probably right, I shouldn't focus on the crazy or insane people who actually care about Gon... I should focus on the people who use him, crazy or not. I'm really sorry, I probably freaked you guys out."

"I-it's not- you don't have to be sorry!" Leorio stuttered.

"Yeah, we probably scared you more than you scared us," I added because it was true. Mito surprised us more than scared us, but she was probably internally shaking in her shoes when she saw that Leorio was biting me.

"Umm... Kurapika?" she asked hesitantly. I didn't know why she, but she seemed kind of nervous.

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Wh-what does it feel like... when a... you know, vampire, uh..." she appeared to be struggling to get out the whole sentence, luckily for her, I had deciphered what she was trying to say, so it didn't matter.

"What does it feel like when Leorio bites me?" I clarified just to be sure.

"Yeah." She averted her gaze, she seemed kind of embarrassed about her question.

"Well... it's hard to describe. At first, it hurts a ton." Leorio looked down in shame and guilt that he was hurting me. I didn't want him to feel bad for it though, I didn't care about the pain anyway. I hugged him tighter and whispered some comforting things in his ear. "After that," I said a little more loudly so that Mito could hear. "I guess the best way to put the feeling is warmth. It's like your entire body becomes both numb and aware of everything simultaneously. It's an interesting feeling, and it's definitely not a bad one. Certainly not one you can get sick of."