The Human's Loneliness

Okay, so the last chapter I know was kind of a disappointment to everyone, including me. I'm gonna try my best to change that now. No more jokes, no more flash-forwards, just pure angst (I know I'm gonna fail).

TW: Gore, Schizophrenia, this is hitting way too close to home and I don't know why

-------------------------------------------------------------

2 WEEKS LATER

Gon's POV

Where are you...? Why haven't you come? Are you really gonna leave me to die here, Killua?

I laid beaten up and bloody on the cracked cement floor. With each passing day, the beatings became more brutal. Just today, the black-haired man who claimed to be Killua's brother had broken my leg and pressed needles painfully into my side and arm before delivering forty scream-wrenching lashes of his hook-endowed whip. After that... I shuddered at what he had done next.

The image of it stayed in the front of my mind for hours afterward. A needle. It was right in front of my eye, threatening to move forward and pierce me in one of my most sensitive spots. Eventually, it did just that, making me scream so loud it muted itself and halted my speech for so long I could still only manage whispered croaks. The needle went inside my eye, and when it pulled back, my eye went with it. My optic nerves followed suit and were soon ripped out of my head as well. He'd stolen my eye... Now I'd never be able to fully revel in Killua's beauty.

It had been so long, no doubt Killua's puberty thing had already ended. So why wasn't he here? The least he could do is come here and kill me himself. The only logical conclusion I could come to was that he was willing to lose me in exchange for his freedom from his family. If that was the case, I wouldn't be mad at him, I could forgive him for that. What I couldn't forgive is if he left me here alone because he didn't care about me. He proposed to me! Did he only do that so he would have unlimited access to my blood?

"Killua... Am I still your Angel?" I mumbled the question to myself.

The man had given me free rein of my arms so that I could eat the scraps of food he delivered to me once a day so that I could remain alive while they waited for Killua to come to my rescue. They were stupid if they still believed Killua was coming. Killua is strong and fast and amazing, he would've infiltrated by now if he truly wanted to save me. It was only a matter of time until they realized the same thing. What would they do to me then? I assumed they'd kill me once I was of no use to them anymore. Maybe make me a blood slave.

Most of the time, it was too hard for me to eat because of my aching body. I could hardly move my arms, let alone use them to stably bring a fork to my cracked lips and hold it there for long enough for me to get the food off the utensil. I'd never been so frail in my life. Every time I moved, more cuts would be reopened bringing powerful waves of pain coursing through me. I didn't even have it in me to struggle anymore.

Where would I go? Back to the man who left me to die? Back to Whale Island where I would be bullied and tormented until I eventually killed myself? Back to the vampire-infested city where I kept getting kidnapped and attacked?

By now, I was just counting the days that passed. Each heartbreaking second without Killua. Each painful crack of the whip across my body. Each awful moment that fed to the powerful feeling of loneliness.

I was alone. I was just a toy to him all along. Something to be used at his disposal. All of those hunters were right, all he did was manipulate me, hurt me, use me. He had always wanted my blood and that was it. He never cared about me. It was all a lie.