[14] - [Max Verstappen]

A/N: for notyoursluv

TAGLIST: snugleo IAmfilastrocca DannyRicFan06 allshookup23 marxssell bluzklus MariaThepld LandoNorris Tasha_Stan_Shady ferraritastic Marieke_FZ f1written MICKSCHUMI honestlyseb Littlemissunnoticed

WORDCOUNT: 718

14. "I can't reach the top of the three to put the star on".

It had been a lazy weekend in Max' apartment in Monte Carlo. You hadn't changed out of your sweats and one of Max' shirts since last night and you loved it. You suggested to decorate the living room and the balcony with Christmas decorations and Max had left it all up to you. He had no idea how to decorate things properly, and as you seemed to have the same creativity and talent for knowing just what colours, glitters and materials fitted well together, he gave you all the space and time to set up your Christmas paradise. Max didn't want to be in the way or bother you (or ask too much questions in the meantime), so he disappeared into his room and started up the TV and the playseat to drive a couple laps around some circuits. You were happily moving around his apartment to set up the Christmas three, spreading out its fake branches till the top, barely able to reach the upper ones.

You unboxed the Christmas ornaments for in the three, the sweet candy canes as well to hang them in the branches. You were seated on your knees for the under layer of it, the lights looking beautiful in the three already and you couldn't wait to see the full three when you were done. You unfolded more of the branches and moved a layer up, lazily reaching for your cup of hot chocolate that Max had put on the table for you before he left you on your own. Humming along to some Christmas songs that were softly playing on the radio in the background, you stood up to get in the final decorations. You made sure it was not too overloaded with ornaments either and you dusted off your clothes and cleaned up the empty packages. You were nearly done, just some lights on the balcony balustrade left and everything was perfect. It was cold outside and you hurried to get it finished and get back inside. You frowned when there was something left unpacked on the table.

You nearly forgot to put the Christmas star on top of the three. You unpacked it and moved towards the three again to put it up, but you weren't tall enough to reach for it. Luckily, your boyfriend would be. You made your way through the hall and got to Max' gaming room, softly opening the door to hear if he was saying anything, meaning he was playing with someone else, but he wasn't. He was wearing his headset and you gently reached out of for his shoulder. Max smiled while he was still looking at the screen, finishing his lap and putting the game on pause. "Did you finish decorating?". He asked. "Almost". You hummed, smiling back. "There's just one thing left". You said, the giggle that came out of your mouth next causing the corners of his mouth to rise a little further. "What is it?". Max asked, turning the screens off and moving to stand up. "I can't reach the top of the three to put the star on". Max let out a breathy laugh. "Well, let's take a look and see if I can put it up". He said and you both got back to the living room. You handed him the star and he took it from you.

Max could easily reach the top of the three and he put it on right away. He looked back at you and his chest grew warm when he saw the smile on your face. His arm curled around your waist to pull you into his chest. "It looks amazing, thank you". You said. "You didn't finish your hot chocolate". Max mentioned as he looked at your half empty mug. "It's cold now". You scrunched your nose. "How about we make some more and then spend the evening under the christmas lights?". Max proposed and you nodded happily. "Great". Max smiled at you again, leaning down to kiss your lips before he got into the kitchen. Christmas with him was going to be perfect.