Tech Lab - [College!Lando]

A/N: for black_ma23

TAGLIST: mariaknight9 onebeelover brouwercatharina Garrixer_06 landon0rris McLaren_04 ferraritasticJudy_Taurus wanderlust_gemini nathnath97 Taaaaamz MilkeyboiLando sweetrose33

WORDCOUNT: 1139

SYNOPSIS: You're both brilliant engineering students at the University of London and you're spending a late night in the Tech Lab together to finish a project.

"No, this isn't right. Why doesn't it just fit?" Lando complained while hunched over the replica of the rear wing of a Formula 1 car. He ran his fingers through his mop of curls, visible on his face that he was tired. You were both tired, but you had to finish the project tonight. Not because of the deadline, but because you were both determined to get it right and done. "This doesn't slot well together," you said, opening the DRS flap manually, and it fell closed straight away as the pins didn't hold it well enough. The sugar rush of the energy drinks you had been drinking stopped working a long time ago, and you weren't sure if you were actually allowed to stay in the Tech Lab for so long. You moved around the wing to sit on his side, sitting on your knees on the floor.

It was warm in the room, the windows were opened for fresh air, but the warmth seemed to radiate from both of your bodies. Your sweater was thrown over a chair in the corner hours ago, leaving you in your jeans and a thin top. Lando was in just a shirt and some grey sweats, looking more comfortable than you anyway. You looked over at him when his eyes glided over the mechanical parts you had created before, trying to find where in the little structures it had gone wrong. His hands leaned on his knees, and you were briefly distracted by the ring on his finger, the veins running over his arms, the muscles tightening and bulging up. He looked at you then, and your eyes widened slightly, realizing he said something. "Huh?" You sheepishly blurted out. "What do you think we should do now?" Lando asked.

"Let's take a look at this again," you muttered, reaching for the opened book with the description of the rear wing and multiple pictures that laid on the table ever since you started. You took the book in your lap. Your work on your project continued, both of you concentrated and trying to find the solution. Neither of you became too frustrated, and you actually worked together very well. More minutes ticked away by the clock, another bag of Doritos was opened meanwhile. Your smaller fingers could more easily push the little clips back in place, and you both looked up at each other when the last one clipped perfectly. Both of your eyes went wide, and then you rushed to check the angle, the height and width, and lastly that damn DRS flap. "Oh my god, it's done," you were the first one to say it.

"You are a genius," Lando didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around you and pull you into a tight, relieved hug. You squealed with happiness, your legs curling around his waist when he lifted you up. Lando carefully put you back down on the floor, his hands sliding to rest on your waist, your hands unwrapping from around his shoulders and resting them on his pecs. You nearly choked on your own saliva, realizing you were way too close together for being just project mates. "Do you have any idea how sexy your intelligence is?" Lando blurted out. "It's like, so fucking hot when you tell me how this all works," he continued. Your next move was bold, your fingers curling into the material of his sweater, your lips slamming together. He answered to it right away, his fingertips digging a little harder into your waist, riding up the material of your top to let his fingers drift over your bare skin.

Weeks of being together in the lab resulted in this, and you would be lying if you said you never thought about it. Lando moaned against your mouth when one of your hands moved to the back of his neck, tugging on the roots of his curls. His tongue invaded your mouth, deepening the kiss with ease. The table behind you hit the back of your thighs, and you rushed to get onto it, meeting his height a little more. Lando's hands drifted to your hips, to your thighs, squeezing your skin through your jeans, while his lips started to wander down your jaw. You sucked your lower lip into your mouth when he nipped and kissed your delicate skin, your hands leaning back on the table. The wrench that fell to the floor with a loud clank made you part from each other with a gasp. Cheeks coloured rosy, lips swollen and red, and you were both slightly out of breath. "We should get out of here," you started, to which he agreed with a laugh.

You quickly tidied the Tech Lab, labelling the project with your names. "We still have to write a report about it. Deadline is tomorrow morning at nine," Lando mentioned, making you pinch the bridge of your nose with a sigh. "Alright, that's going to be a night of typing," you replied. "Come back to my place, and we'll write it together," Lando suggested, switching the lights off and closing the door of the lab behind you. And so you ended up at Lando's dorm, seated behind his desk with his laptop, while he walked through the room and listened to what you said and typed, adding here and there. There were many breaks for a drink, cheap rosé letting you both giggle about the stupidest things. Three in the morning and the light of the laptop screen was the only light in the room. Lando leaned his chin on your shoulder, watching as you added the last bit to the conclusion, and then it was finally done. A quick spelling check was done, and you didn't even hesitate before handing it in.

Lando let himself fall back on his bed, folding his hands behind his head. "You're not going back to your dorm, right?" Lando asked, his eyes closed nevertheless. "Didn't plan to," you replied, snacking on some crisps. "Great," Lando hummed. You moved over to the bed, swinging your leg over him to straddle his hips. Your hair tickled his face when you leaned forward. A smile curled his lips, and he sat up on his hands. Your lips brushed together again, but just for a short peck. His arm around you pulled you down and next to him. You snuggled into his chest, the exhaustion of all the work making you feel sleepy right away. But the project was finished, and you were possibly the best project mates ever.