Paddock Princess - [Max Verstappen]

A/N: for Littlemissunnoticed

TAGLIST: Garrixer_06 MariPecs10 Mclaren_04 ArmysStays Tasha_Stan_Shady ferraritastics justanf1fan Marieke_FZ f1written damndamiano honestlyseb

WORDCOUNT: 949

SYNOPSIS: Max and you bring your daughter to the Austrian GP weekend, which is her first race, and Max wins the race. He wishes to take his little princess to the podium as well, after the champagne. (Imagine Max at an age which you feel comfortable with for him to have kids)

"Here we are," you hummed while Max drove the Honda through the parking lot of the Red Bull Ring. "Definitely," Max replied with a smile, looking over his shoulder where your three-year-old was seated in her seat, one of her stuffed animals clenched between her fingers. She was looking out of the windows with wide eyes, excited to be at her first raceweekend. Bradley, Max' trainer, was seated next to her, and he had been babbling along with her babbles during the ride from the hotel to the track. A lot of photographers were already in the parking lot to capture pictures of each driver arriving, and ever since Thursday they knew that Max was bringing his girlfriend and his daughter, you were surely eye candy for the remaining days of the weekend. Sunday was no exception, of course. Everyone got out of the car and Max opened the door of the backseat to get Y/D out of her seat.

She was eager for her father to carry her out of the car, and she squealed with laughter when Max swung her over his shoulder before putting her down. You reached for her hand, as you had said that you wanted her to be with you while Max was having his own schedule. She took it quickly, while Max' fingers drifted down your other arm to take your free hand. You smiled up at him, and your eyes fluttered when he leaned down for a kiss. On the way to the Red Bull hospitality, you came across a couple other drivers, who all greeted D/N too. You had been seated with Carola Perez the whole weekend already, and her son liked to play with your daughter, which was an excellent way to keep the kids entertained while you caught up together with Sergio's wife. When Max' PR and marketing related purposes were done, it was time for him to get dressed and ready to make his way towards the grid.

You had some time with the three of you in his driver's room, before Max went out to the track. He had been driving phenomenally all weekend already, and you were thrilled to see him winning once again. When Max was done, D/N was smiling up at him, her grabby hands telling him she wanted a hug. Max lifted her from your lap, taking her into his arms. Her eyes sparkled, and your heart clenched at the sight of the two. The garage loved to have her around this weekend, and cooes sounded from the mechanics when Max brought her in. She was wearing her Red Bull already, to protect her ears when they would start the engine of the car soon. It didn't take long before Max had to hand her back to you, and he left to get the car to the grid. Spending time with the three of you, the complete family here, had been amazing, and you loved to see Max around his daughter. He managed to balance his time so perfectly, and it was clear that your little girl loved the attention she got from her daddy.

From the intense weekend, she had fallen asleep during the race, but you made sure to wake her up before the end. Max was still driving in P1 and he had been driving amazingly the whole race. He finished first, and you made your way to Parc Fermé to be there with his crew for the podium ceremony. While the mechanics were excited and the adrenaline was bursting out, they were still gentle around you and your daughter, who tightly held onto you and looked somewhat skeptical at the manly sounds they let out. She was squealing happily and called for Max when his car was parked and he jumped out of the car. He reached his mechanics first, and his visor was lifted when he came to you. "Congratulations, love," you told him while he embraced you tightly. D/N gave him a kiss on his helmets and it resulted in the cutest pictures ever, you were sure of it. "I want you two to come to the podium," Max said. "What? Isn't one of your teammembers supposed to be there?" You asked.

"After the champagne, I'll make sure it will be fine," Max said, his gloved hand moving over your head and nuzzling against your cheek. He turned around with that and while he had the interview, you were guided up to the podium, where you could stay behind the scenes. The Dutch anthem sounded over the track of Spielberg, and D/N was glued to the glass of the door while she watched Max spray the champagne around, after taking his trophy. The door was opened by one of the crew members from the circuit and initially, you wanted to walk with her, but the way she immediately ran up to Max, and the way he lifted her up in his arms, made you stay behind to watch the scene unfold in front of you. The two other drivers who accompanied him on the podium gladly said hello to his little girl and you remained out of sight to take pictures of your wonderful boyfriend and his paddock princess.