118. Billie Joe Armstrong {Requested}

*A/n* - This imagine was requested by Sinner360

Thanks for the request + I hope you enjoy! 

________

Billie stroked the top of your head, running his fingers through your hair as you lay your head on his chest. "I'm sorry for waking you up." You told him, feeling terrible after startling him. You had had a nightmare. "It's okay." He replied, planting a delicate kiss on your forehead. "These things happen. How do you feel now?"

"A little bit better with you by my side." Billie let out a small chuckle in reply to your comment. "Do you want me to sing you back to sleep?" He offered and watched lovingly as a smile crept across your face. You adored Billie's voice, with it you felt safe, you felt less alone, and you felt loved. He was your everything. "I'd love that." You admitted, making yourself comfortable of his chest.

"Bring me back to an hour ago. Time stands still as the years go by. Brown-eyed girl that's throwing down a bottle of old English back in the warehouse. Old days are fine but are left so far behind from California to Jane Street. Kids are alright, alright as they'll ever be, 'Cause you will always be my, well, you will always be my, you will always be my sweet 16." Unlike the studio version, his voice was soft and delicate, causing your heart to beat fast inside your chest. His fingers continued to dance through your hair. 

"Sleep on the floor on cardboard, stab out my heart like a dartboard. Brown-skinned girl, I had a dream about a long, long time now, from the midwest to the beach. Old days are fine but are left so far behind from California to Jane Street. Kids are alright, alright as they'll ever be, 'Cause you will always be my, well, you will always be my, you will always be my sweet 16." You drifted off to sleep once more to the sound of Billie's voice and the beating of his heart.