114. Billie Joe Armstrong {Requested}

*A/n* - This imagine was requested by wholesomestoner

Thank you for the request and I hope you like it!

_____________

❤ Male Pronouns

✨ Inspired by the song Paper Lanterns (1039/ Smoothed Out Slappy Hours)

______________

(Y/n) looked at Billie Joe curiously. He had been friends with Billie his whole life and couldn't help but wonder what went on inside of his head. Billie Joe was the most creative person that (Y/n) and couldn't understand why Billie wasn't putting his talent to good use. 

"You know that you should write an album." (Y/n) said out of the blue as he and Billie sat by the abandoned train tracks in their crappy little town. "Are you still going on about this?" Billie laughed as he looked over at his friend. Billie's eyes were piercing blue and looked straight into (Y/n)'s. When he was looking at (Y/n), Billie noticed the finer details of his appearance that everyone else seemed to miss. For example, (Y/n) had a small freckle underneath his right and a few on his nose. His hair was relatively short, except for the few strands of hair that always naturally fell onto his forehead. Billie always looked at (Y/n) with admiration; with desire. 

Billie Joe had never been a person for feelings, especially showing them for somebody, but he couldn't deny that he had feelings (Y/n). At first, it shocked him. How could this happen? How could he develop feelings for somebody he had known since he was a small child? When he thought about it, it was because (Y/n) was the only person who ever really treated Billie like he was someone important, like he was capable of doing something with his life instead of working as a busboy in a stupid diner. "Billie?" (Y/n) asked, waving his hand in front of Billie's face, bringing Billie back into the real world. "Are you alright? You went into some sort of daydream." (Y/n)'s smile was bright and pure. It made Billie feel whole. "Yeah, I'm okay. I was just thinking about something."

"Anything interesting?" (Y/n) asked. 

"No, nothing at all." Billie gave a small laugh, before picking up a small down and throwing it across the tracks. (Y/n)'s phone went off, and he went to retrieve it from his pocket. He looked at the screen for a few moments before sighing, switching it off, and putting it back into his pocket. "Was that anyone important?" Billie asked, even though he knew exactly who it was that was trying to get hold of (Y/n)."

"No." (Y/n) said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It was just (B/n)." Billie gave a small sigh when he heard the name. (B/n) was (Y/n)'s, boyfriend. (B/n) wasn't keen with his boyfriend hanging around with Billie and Billie was particularly keen on his best friend-slash-secret love being in a relationship with him. "What was the sigh for?" (Y/n) questioned Billie, raising his eyebrow at him. "It's nothing," Billie said but felt (Y/n)'s eyes on him. "I just don't think that your boyfriend is particularly keen on me." (Y/n) stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"Well...." He began as Billie gave a small laugh. 

"I knew that he didn't like me," Billie stated, picking up another small stone. "I'm not bothered anyway." (Y/n) looked over at Billie once more. 

"Billie," He began. "Why do you think I'm not answering him?" Billie looked back at (Y/n). "Do you really think that I want to be with someone who doesn't want me to be friends with the person who means to most to me?" 

"I mean the most to you?" Billie asked surprised, instantly ignoring everything else that (Y/n) had just told him. "Of course you do." He replied. There were a few moments of silence between the pair before Billie asked: "So, who do you want to be with then?" (Y/n) bit down on his lip, not making eye contact with Billie. He became instantly embarrassed. "What?" Billie asked.

"I can't say." (Y/n) replied shyly. 

"Why? Is it someone I know?" He asked. "It's not my brother, is it? 'Cause I hate to have to tell you that he is significantly older than us." Billie was using humour to prepare him for the fact that he was probably about to have his heart broken. 

"No." (Y/n) said, now looking into Billie's eyes. "It's you."

"Excuse me?" Billie said shocked, unable to believe what he had just heard. (Y/n) didn't reply to Billie's question, instead, he leaned, pulled Billie close to him and kissed him. The kiss was everything that both of them had anticipated it to be. After a few seconds, both of them pulled away. "It's you that I want, Billie." Billie didn't say anything but smiled at (Y/n). 

"You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say those words." They stayed that way for a while, before (Y/n) spoke again. "Billie?" (Y/n) asked as their faces remained close to one another and Billie's hand on (Y/n) face. "Yeah?" Billie replied unable to wipe the smile from his face. 

"Will you write a song about me?" (Y/n)'s voice was hopeful and full of joy.

"I've already written one." He smiled. "And it's going on the album." (Y/n) laughed before putting his lips to Billie's once more.