121. Mike Dirnt

You watched from across the room as Mike took a beautiful girl in his arms and kissed her gently; one arm around her back, the other holding onto his beer. Inside your chest, you felt your heartbreaking; it was painful. Mike may have been one of your best friends, but you were madly in love with him.  "Hey," Billie said, standing next to you. He was one of your other best friends. "Are you okay?" He asked, noticing that something wasn't quite right. 

"No," You replied, wiping away the tears that were falling onto your cheeks. "I can't do this Billie, I can't stay here." You placed your drink onto the table and ran out into the garden, being followed by Billie. "Hey, (Y/n). What's going on?" He asked as he sat next to you on the cold patio steps. You hadn't grabbed your jacket on the way out, so you had instead opted for wrapping your arms around your body to keep yourself warm. You looked at Billie. "What the matter with me?" You asked, desperately. 

"Nothing's wrong with you, (Y/n)." Billie replied, pulling you into his arms. "Why would you even say that?"

"Because I'm never the one that he notices." You said, sobbing into his shoulder. "I know I probably sound like an idiot, but right now he is in there with someone who will never care about him as I can."

"I know," Billie said, quietly. 

"I know he's not mine to lose, but losing him is breaking my heart." Billie wiped away your tears and gave you a small smile. "I know that Mike is one of m best friends, but so are you. (Y/n), you are wonderful and as much as I love Mike, he's an idiot for not loving you the way that you do." You looked up and made eye contact with Billie. "He's an idiot..." Billie whispered as the two of you leaned in towards each other but just before your lips met, someone interrupted you. 

"Billie? (Y/n)?" You both looked up to see Mike stood at the top of the steps.