146. Mike Dirnt

(F)

"Hey," You smiled, tapping your friend, Billie on the shoulder. You had been friends with Billie for as long as you could remember and became friends with Mike as quickly as he'd done. Eventually, you'd become a writing partner for the band, when they met Tre and formed 'Green Day'.

 "Have you seen Mike?" You asked, having to speak loudly because the music was quite loud.

"I think he went outside," Billie replied, smiling before he took a sip of his drink. "Is everything okay?" He asked, taking his girlfriend, Adrienne into his arms.

"Yeah, I just need to speak to him." You smiled, clutching hold of your drink. "Thanks, I'll go and find him." You walked through the crowd of people and finally saw him, standing outside and having a cigarette. You grabbed a drink off the table and took a swing before taking a deep breath.

Tonight you needed to tell him. You needed to tell him how you felt about him. You couldn't take another night of lying in bed and wishing that you were lying next to him. Another night of him not knowing was another night of the truth eating you alive. You didn't even love yourself so you had no idea how you were capable of loving someone else, but somehow you did.

As you opened the door to go outside, Mike turned around. "(Y/n)!" He explained, raising his hands above his head. "Am I fucking happy to see you!" You smiled as you watched him bring the cigarette up to his lips and take a puff of it.

"I actually wanted to talk to you." You said,

"I wanted to talk to you too." Mike said, flicking his cigarette on the ground.

"You first." You said, buying yourself some time to try and figure out what you wanted to say to him. "Remember, how you told me that you wanted me to be happy and find someone to unconditionally love."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I've found her." He smiled. "She was in my life all along."

"She was?" You smiled, feeling a little bit of spark light up in you.

"Yeah." He stated as you heard the door open behind you, but you were too busy staring at Mike to turn around.

"What are you two up to out here?" You heard a familiar voice, causing Mike to smile even more. "I was just telling (Y/n) how madly in love I am with you." You looked to the side of you to see Brittany standing there. Mike was talking about Brittany, not you.

"You two?" You said, forcing a smile. "That's amazing, congratulations." God, that hurt to say. Brittany stood next to Mike and kissed him as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" He asked, turning his attention back to you.

"Just that I'm leaving," You said, suddenly getting the urge to run away. "But I've written a song, so I'll send it over to you all to have a look it."

"Sweet, thanks, but are you sure you have to go?" He asked, sounding disappointed.

"Yeah, I'm really tired." You said. "Congratulations again you guys, you make a really cute couple. See you later."

You left the party, crying and went home. You drank a whole bottle of wine to yourself and wrote a song about loving someone you can't have. You dropped in hints of conversations that only you two had into the song. You didn't once hesitate to press send and watched as it delivered to the band. 

*** Author's note *** 

Just a short one today - sorry it's been so long