100. Joey Armstrong

*A/n* - MOVED FROM MY 'SWMRS IMAGINES' BOOK! I DECIDED TO GET RID OF THAT

I know that it's not technically 'Green Day' but I have done one about the Armstrong Family, so I thought, 'why the hell not?'

Hope you enjoy!

____________________________________

"Hey Joey!" (Y/n) smiled as he came and stood with her by her locker. It was the end of the school day and (Y/n) was getting ready to leave with Joey, who was her ride, not to mention one of her best friends as well as a family friend. His parents, Billie and Adrienne, were friends with (Y/n)'s parents. "Hey (Y/n)." He replied, smiling at her. "You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." (Y/n) smiled as they walked side by side out to Joey's car. Obviously, Joey and (Y/n) had been best friends for years and this is why she felt guilty that she possessed feelings towards him. As much as she tried to repress them, they were always there and eating away at her. There were so many times that she wanted to say something but just couldn't admit it.

They got in the car and Joey drove away. "Next up, Green Day." Said the guy on the radio, making (Y/N) laugh as she turned it up. "Oh, come on!" Joey replied. "If my dad finds out I've been listening to his music, he'll never let it go."

"Sorry." (Y/n) replied, still laughing at how embarrassed he was that his dad was singing on the radio; (Y/n) turned it down before saying: "Your dad's music is so much better anyways." Joey looked at (Y/n) shocked. "Hey!" He replied before bursting out in laughter.

The rest of the car journey was spent with (Y/n) teasing Joey, as per usual, before he pulled up outside of her house. "Here you go." He said as (Y/n) thanked him for the ride and that she'd see him tomorrow morning but no doubt speak to him tonight. She noticed him staring at her. "What?" She asked smiling. She felt her heart beating at about a million miles an hour. That's when he leaned in and kissed (Y/n) catching her completely off guard.

"Joey, what are you doing?" (Y/n) asked, pulling away from the kiss when she realised what was happening.

"S-S-Sorry, I-I-I don't know what came over m-me" He stuttered, his cheeks red from embarrassment. (Y/n) felt really guilty, as well as annoyed with herself, that she had pulled away. She had wanted it, so why did she pull away? Before (Y/n) could say anything else, Joey said: "(Y/n), the truth is, I am crazy about you and I have been for a really long time, I've just never admitted it." (Y/n) just stared back at Joey, almost not quite believing what he was telling her. "Look, I don't expect you to say anything, or say that you feel the same way. I just thought that you should know." He went quiet and (Y/n) continued to look at him. "Are you alright?" He asked her before she went back in for a kiss and pulled him closer to her.

"I'm so glad that you said that, Joey." She said. "I'm so glad."