Prologue

Italy ~ Vongola mansion

Reborn (a.k.a the world's greatest hitman/ex-acrobaleno) was quietly waiting outside his current boss's office.

Not that he was in a rush or any thing, but according to his schedule, he was supposed to be tutoring his second idiot student back in Japan into a man worthy to be called Vongola Decimo- not that his student wasn't worthy or anything, but he seriously needed to be supervised frequently.

Two days ago, he received a letter from his current boss, Vongola Nono; Timoteo Vongola that he was ordered to come back to Italy for a few days. The world's greatest hitman grew curious about why the ninth summoned him back to Italy, so he found himself arriving a good hour or so early. Unfortunately, the ninth had an alliance meeting with another mafia boss or two; being the boss of the most influential familia in Italy had both advantages and disadvantages after all.

The door opening snapped Reborn out of his thoughts as he watched two mafia bosses of 'lower class' as he put it being escorted- to the exit perhaps.

"Ninth? You called?" Reborn asked, walking to one of the chairs in front of the ninths table and taking a seat without the ninths permission.

The ninth- Timoteo chuckled and greeted him "ciao, Reborn, sorry for calling you from Japan so suddenly."

"It's not a problem at all, ninth" Reborn replied.

"How's Tsu-kun," Timoteo continued, being the caring grandfather that he is.

"He is doing great, just a bit clumsy but he manages to not get zero marks on his tests anymore. He's improved a lot" Reborn said. If Tsuna were to hear him say that, the brunette would've cried tears of joy; after all, it's not everyday someone like Reborn complimented someone like Tsuna in an almost bragging manner.

"And his friends, are they fulfilling their respective roles as Vongola guardians?"

"Yes, even better than yours I'm afraid" Reborn said in a joking manner before continuing seriously "I'm sure you called me here for more than a little chat about Tsuna and his guardians" 'cause that was what the letters were for' were left unsaid by the hitman.

"Still straight to the point as always Reborn? Well alright then..." Timoteo turned to Ganauche III who just entered the room with something in hand.

"I'm giving Tsu-kun and his guardians a... very unusual mission" Timoteo said. Reborn raised an eyebrow.