031 | RILEY BIERS

━━ IMAGINE

━━ IMAGINE . . .

After a long day at work, Riley was looking forward to going home and seeking comfort and warmth in your arms. He could just picture your face, the colour of your eyes and the way your nose scrunched up when you laughed, and he smiled to himself, marveling at how lucky he was -

And then, he disappeared. Your Riley vanished. The police said they had surveillance footage of him leaving work and heading in the direction of your apartment, but then, there's no more trace of him. No clue as to what happened.

For the following days, you scoured the town for any sign of him, calling out his name like a desperate prayer. But he's nowhere to be found.

By the end of the week, a feeling of dread has settled over you. Something terrible happened to Riley.

And then, he's there. He's home. And in your relief and joy, you fail to notice how different he looks as you run to him and wrap your arms around his neck. You fail to notice his pale skin and his crimson eyes. You fail to see the torture on his face as he forces himself to stop breathing your delicious, mouth-watering scent.

But, you do notice how still his chest is and how, even though your head is pressed against his chest, you can't hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

And then, without warning, his teeth - somehow razor sharp - pierced the skin of your neck, sending you spiraling into an abyss of pain.