025 | EDWARD CULLEN

━━ IMAGINE

━━ IMAGINE . . .

When Carlisle found you in Forks - a newborn vampire feeding from whoever you could find - he brought you home and introduced you to his family.

Over the course of a few weeks, it became apparent to everyone how close you and Edward had grown. It was rare to see one without the other now. And Esme especially took notice of how happy her adopted son looked when he was around you.

But then, the Volturi wanted a personal meeting with you. Edward wanted to come with you and Carlisle to Volterra, but you insisted you'd only be gone for a couple of days. You'd be back before he could even miss you.

Aro, however, had other plans.

He wanted to see your extraordinary gifts up close, and when he did, he refused to let you leave. He had Chelsea use her abilities to make you more compliant, and he informed Carlisle - who had waited outside - that you wanted to stay.

It took years for you to learn how to break free from Chelsea's tight hold on your mind, and when you did, the first thought you had was Edward.

But it'd been years since you were gone, and things weren't quite the same as before. Three new members had joined the clan - Emmett, Jasper & Alice - and Edward had moved on with a pretty, doe-eyed woman called Bella.

Seeing them standing together as if they couldn't bare to be apart - like the two of you used to - felt like someone was ripping your heart out of your chest. They might as well have. But, you couldn't begrudge him for moving on after all this time. You didn't want him to be miserable.

And try as you might, there was no point in hating the woman he'd moved on with. Bella was so nice and kind to you, even after learning of your history with her husband. Their daughter, Renesmee, took a liking to you and became your shadow, always begging you to play hide and seek with her.

I can't blame you for moving on. Or Bella. She's beautiful, kind. And Renesmee is just like her, but she's got your dry sense of humour. I just ... I want you to be happy, Edward. Even if it's not with me anymore. ❞

❝ Thank you, Y/N. I... I know how hard this must be, but I appreciate it. And I'm glad you're back. Truly.❞

____________________

( A/N )

sad girl hours 😭✌

here's a long angsty imagine for you guys!

it's been a hot minute since i posted anything so here ya go 💖

let me know if you want one in particular ☺

- katie x.