009 | CARLISLE CULLEN

━━ IMAGINE

━━ IMAGINE . . .

Despite having accepted his fate centuries ago, Carlisle has never truly liked what he was. He may seem more calm and at peace than his family, but he knew he was still damned all the same and no amount of helping others would save him if he had no soul to save.

Which is why telling you the truth about him, bringing you into his treacherous world, was the last thing he ever wanted to do. But when you decided to cook for Carlisle in his house (he still hadn't told you he didn't eat human food because that would lead to the whole vampire discussion, and to be quite frank, he didn't have the heart to do it, no pun intended) you accidentally sliced your finger while chopping peppers.

The smell of blood drove Jasper into a frenzy (again) and he lunged at you, but struggled against Emmett, Carlisle and Edward as they all pulled him outside of the house.

This traumstic experience led to Carlisle having to fess up and admit that no, he was not a vegetarian in the normal sense, and yes, he did eat meat, but in a very different way.

There's no way around this anymore, Y/N. I'm terribly sorry you had to find out like this, but I promise you that you are safe with me. Always. ❞

❝ How can you say that after your adopted son just tried to eat me!? ❞

❝ He's a new vampire. A newborn. He can't yet control his thirst, not like the rest of us can.❞

❝ The rest of us? Oh my God, you're a vampire too, aren't you?❞

❝ Yes. But we survive on animal blood, we don't hurt people. We're not monsters, Y/N, I promise you. And if you can still believe that after tonight, please remember that I love you more than words can ever say. And I would do anything to keep you from harm.
... Including staying away from you - forever, if that's what you want. ❞