035 | ROSALIE HALE

━━ IMAGINE

━━ IMAGINE . . .

From the moment she realised she was a vampire, a monster, Rosalie has wanted nothing more than to be human again. To be imperfect and fragile and fleeting; to have a family and grow old, and one day, after a long, happy life, die peacefully in the arms of her love.

Meeting you and falling in love with you made her want those things even more. She wanted to be human for you, and so she could be with you for the rest of your lives.

But Rosalie wasn't human, and she never would be. You would never become a vampire, and not just because she abhorred the thought of you being like her, but because you didn't want to be. You dreaded the thought of having to live an immortal life and having to survive on blood; even though you loved a vampire, you didn't want to become one yourself.

The two of you knew deep down that your relationship couldn't last forever, but it still hurt like hell when Rosalie broke up with you. You had almost been expecting it when she grew distant and not like herself, but you didn't know why.

It wasn't until years later when you walked down the aisle to someone else that you seen her face for the first time in years. You hadn't invited her, but she'd come anyway to watch with a bittersweet smile as you lived the life she'd wanted for you - and the one she wished you could've shared together.

I just wanted to say ... even though things didn't work out between us, I'm happy you're happy. And I hope you get everything you ever wanted because you're one of the best people I know and you deserve it. ❞