Chapter 10

“No, she really needs her rest Lydia, just let her be” my dad said. I looked him in his eyes. He looked me in mine, and his were stone cold.

“Why aren’t you at work anyway” I asked.

“Oh I woke up pretty tired, I just decided to call in” my dad said.

“Oh ok. Well I was just stopping by, things seemed a little hostile on the phone last night. I just wanted to see if you guys were ok” I said.

“Yeah it was just something small, we’re fine” my dad said this phony smile plastered on his face.

“Lydia is that you” my mom called. My dad and I were standing in front of their bedroom door. My dad blocked my way of course.

“Yeah mom, it’s me” I said. I saw the door open. Then my dad quickly grabbed the door knob and snatched the door shut. The door slammed. I jumped back. I looked at him, and he looked at me, still holding tight to the door knob. Was this guy serious?

“Dad, let me in there” I said.

“No, Meryl, go back to bed. You’ll see Lydia another day. You need your rest” my dad called to my mom.

“Dad, let me see my mom” I said.

“Lydia, just go” my dad said.

“Just go? What you mean just go?” I said.

“Go home” my dad said.

“You beat mom? You beat her last night huh? Is that why you don’t want me to see her huh dad? Is that why” I said sneering at him.

“You don’t know anything Lydia! Just go home! Your mom is fine, just go” my dad said getting upset.

“I’m not going anywhere until I see my mother! I’m not scared of you dad! I’m not! Now let me see my mom now!” I shouted.

“Don’t raise your voice at me!” my dad snapped.

“Well let me see mom then” I said.

“No, go home” my dad said.

“I ain’t going nowhere until I see her. You bastard let me see her, let me see her” I said getting upset.

“Get outta here Lydia, get out now” my dad said letting go of the door knob and balling up his fist.

“Let me see my mom! I wanna see my mom! Let me see her! Let me see her” I said furious now.

“You got five seconds girly, and you better be gone. I don’t wanna hurt you, but you really pushing it” my dad said.

“I won’t go anywhere until I see my mom! I have a right to see my mom, you pork bastard! You pork bastard!” I said now I was upset. I decided to try and push pass him. Of course, it was a waste of energy, my dad was huge, he wasn’t letting me by him. I tried it anyway. He pushed me back hard.

“Get out Lydia!” my dad yelled.

“Lydia! Baby please go. I’m fine I really am. Just go home baby please just go home” my mom cried from the other side of the door. I stared my dad down, and he stared me right back down.

“This isn’t over, ya pork bastard, this isn’t over” I said walking away angrily. I walked to the car, upset and angry.

“Whew, glad you’re out. I was just about to come and get you babe. You ok” Paige said.

“I’m fine, just fine” I said lying. For the whole day I was so upset, I could barely think straight. He told me I couldn’t see my mom. Who does he think he is? My dad is an abusive, pathetic pork bastard coward! A wuss. A punk. The lowest form of scum of the earth. He beat her, and he bruised her, that’s why he wouldn’t let me see her. Unbelievable, this is un-freaking-believable. I’ll never forgive him for that, pork bastard!