Chapter 150: Kuroka's words

Start from the beginning

"Kuroka? What a surprise." Erin greeted as the girl took a seat beside her bed. "How kind of you to come and see me."

"Well, you did helped us back there by lending your shield, nyan."

"You don't have to do this, though. It's only natural that I save Koneko-chan so it was really no big deal."

Kuroka hummed in response and tilted her head to the side

"How are you feeling nyan?"

"I'm feeling better. This is not the first time I suffered an injury anyway. How about you?"

"I'm fully healed nyahaha." Kuroka grinned lightly before continuing. "Can I ask you something?"

Erin gazed at Kuroka after hearing this

"What is it?"

"During the battle, when Cao Cao acted weird. Was that your doing, nya?"

"You seem interested. May I know why?"

"I'm just curious-nyan." Kuroka shrugged as she leaned on the chair. "You don't have to worry. I'm not like Cao Cao who is going to gather data and use it against you."

Erin scoffed playfully before responding

"That was one of my skills. I can copy a power for a set amount of time."

Kuroka blinked in surprise and she listened with interest

"To do that, I have to observe how it is executed and have minimum contact with the person. Though I discovered another way, which is to temporarily possess the person's body."

"So you controlled Cao Cao's body back there, nya?"

"Yes. It can only last for a maximum of 5 seconds because it hugely drains my mind. I haven't successfully copied a power using that method so I opted to not use it unless I want to."

"Does it also apply to Sacred Gears?"

"I haven't tried it yet." The Goddess made a thinking expression. "If it is Sacred Gears, I think I would need something that could shapeshift so I can copy the Gear and its power. Most of the powers I copied doesn't rely on Sacred Gears, though."

"Interesting." Kuroka remarked as her tail wagged to the sides.

"Well, cats are curious, like they say." shrugged Erin as she observed Kuroka. Her thoughts drifted to the present situation the group is facing and the problem about Hades

"What's wrong, nyan?"

"Huh?"

"Your expression." Kuroka gazed at Erin curiously. "You seem troubled."

"It's nothing."

"You can tell me, nyan."

The Goddess gave Kuroka a skeptical stare.

"Not to be rude. But if there is, why would I tell you, Kuroka?" Erin wondered. "I mean, we're not really that close."

"I'm just offering in case you wanted to talk. Chill out, nyan."

"Hm. Okay. But if we're going to share thoughts right now." Erin sat up from her bed. "I would like to hear something about you too."

"Me?" Kuroka looked as if the Goddess was joking. "What about me?"

"I'll tell you what is troubling me if you answer my question in return."

Kuroka thought for a moment then shrugs.

"Sounds fair. You go first, nya."

Erin's expression slightly turned serious

"It's just.. I feel bad about what is happening right now. I feel like part of this is my fault."