Chapter 143: Promotion Test I

"Welcome. You are the servants of Rias Gremory-sama, correct? Please show us something to identify yourselves."

The group was greeted by staff members wearing stiff costumes. They showed the seal with the Gremory symbol and their individual recommendation papers. After confirming their identity, the staff motioned for the teens to follow them

"This way please."

They walked into a corridor made from rocks. It doesn't have a gorgeous interior but it was designed accurately

"This is the promotion test center for Mid-class devils located in the territory of Glasya-Labolas." informed Kiba as they walked. "They built the mid-class promotion test center here because of the influence of one of the Maous who is a great strategist, named Falbium Asmodeus. He was formerly from the house of Glasya-Labolas."

"There is also a test center in the territory of Astaroth, which is the household from which Ajuka Beelzebub came from." Akeno added

"Are those the only test centers available?" Erin curiously asked

"There are test centers in various places throughout the Underworld, but the one with the most authority is the one held in the territory of Astaroth." replied Akeno as they made a turn to the right.

"After all, there are also schools for the noble devils located there. Rias had trouble choosing between the school in the territory of Astaroth and the one in the area of the Maou. She ended up going to the school located in the area of the Maou."

"Oh..." Erin furrowed her brows. "If the Astaroth test center has more authority then why are we taking the test here?"

"It's because of the incident with Diodora." Kiba said quietly so the staff walking ahead of them wouldn't hear. "The house of Astaroth lost authority in that aspect."

Issei remembered Diodora's attempts and his jaw clenched

"I heard that the house of Astaroth went into a dangerous situation because of him. They avoided a worst case scenario due to Ajuka-sama being the chief advisor for the Technical Equation Programme in the Underworld." Ravel explained.

"But still, the House of Astaroth is being looked at with strict eyes from the civilians living in other territories and from other nobles as well. They also lost their right to send out a candidate to be the next Maou."

The group arrived at a place that seemed like a reception area. Test participants were talking to receptionists

"There are less devils here than I thought." remarked Erin and the others nodded at this.

"At the reception area over there, please take the compulsory documents along with the admission ticket for the test." A staff member pointed to the place. "After you are done with that, please go to the floor upstairs where the written test will be held."

"The first part of the test will be the written section and the second part will be the practical." another staff member explained. "As per your report, please hand it over to the examiners who are standing in front of the room for the written section of the test."

The staff members made a small bow before leaving

"Then we will pardon ourselves. We hope you do well in the test."

"I will also go and bring the documents you must fill out." Ravel said and left quickly

"Why aren't there many people taking the test?" Issei asked and Erin was also interested to know

"In the Current Underworld, there aren't that many devils who can take the Promotion Test." replied Kiba. "You can only get a promotion by attaining something magnificient from the pact for Devil jobs or by excellent performance in the Rating Game."