Chapter 222: Balor

The group go down the stairs even further. All of a sudden, Gasper is walking ahead them

“Valerie, I’ll be there soon!”

A huge door made of stone with gorgeous ornaments appears right in front of the group.

They open the door and when they walked inside the room, the interior is like a ritual place itself. There are bookshelves full of creepy statues and scrolls at various parts of the room.

“Gas… Gasper……?”

The group look towards the direction where they heard Valerie’s voice. There is a bed placed above the huge magic-circle that is drawn on the floor, and Valerie is laying above it. The magic-circle is already emitting a creepy glow, and then the light starts to envelop Valerie.

“Valeriiiie!”

Gasper screams out her name and approaches the magic-circle, but he cannot get closer due to the barrier blocking his way. He catches sight of a Marius, who is controlling the spell inside the magic-circle.

“Stop! Please stop! Please don’t bully Valerie any more than this! Please release her!”

Marius shows a disgusting smile towards Gasper’s painful wish.

“Yes, that’s why I’m trying to “release” her. Look, very soon I will be able to take out the Holy Grail that has been eating up both her mind and soul~.”

Valerie releases a very loud scream, and it looks like something is trying to appear from her body.

*(ZINK!)*

“Ku!”
“We can’t cut it!”

Xenovia and Kiba try to cut through the barrier of the magic-circle, but they can’t even make a scratch.

"{Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!}"

"Flash voltage!" Erin directs the attack towards the magic-circle but it still didn't inflict damage.

"What the-" Erin's eyes widened. How strong is that barrier?

“Oh, please refrain from making unnecessary attacks. If it affects the spell, then both the Holy Grail and the possessor won’t remain safe."

Marius smirks evilly

"It’s also useless even if the former Governor has some plan. I have been in contact with this Holy Grail more than anyone, and have researched about it. I’m fully aware of the method to take it out more than anyone else.”

Azazel activates a small magic-circle within his palm and starts to check Marius’s spell

“This protect code is the one that belongs to the God of the Bible! Why do you know a code which even I don’t know!? Is this also part of the information given to you by Rizevim!?”

Marius smiles at the question.

“He shared a lot of information with me. Thanks to that, my research on the Holy Grail progressed even further where I was able to revive the evil creatures. On top of that, it seems like Valerie’s Holy Grail has more outstanding aspects than all of the Holy Grail possessors till now. She’s especially splendid at getting rid of the weaknesses of creatures as much as possible.”

Marius then stops the control of the spell. The spell of the magic-circle emits a strong light, enveloping Valerie.

“I guess we'll just have to destroy you along with your spell then!" Erin gritted and prepared to fire a shot. However, she was stopped by Rias.