Chapter 171: Infinite smile

"{A dream?}"

“Yeah. I saw a weird dream when I was sleeping. Many children were crying. When I asked them why, they told me they were crying because they were scared of the big monsters. That’s why, I told them that they shouldn't be scared and I will help them eventually."

Voltaire nods at the response

"{I think this dream is kind of connected to the world outside.}"

"Possibly. I also had a dream before where Kiba and the rest of the group is struggling with Siegfried. I gave them a small boost of courage so they could defeat that man."

"{Hmm... So, how is your new body?}"

Erin just had her soul transferred to a new body that was taken out of the cocoon. She felt weird seeing her body in front of her, but she soon realised that it is her body after she got her soul transferred into it.

"There isn’t the slightest change in my new body from my previous one. My sense of touch is working when I make a grip." replied the Goddess as she moved her fingers.

"My body is working. I have my armor on as well. So what kind of change is there compared to my previous body then?"

"{Appearance, shape, and certain parts are the same as that of a human. You can continue your life normally like before. But since the evil-piece is missing from your body, you can say that you are a humanoid Dragon. Even though there was help from Ophis, you received your flesh from Great Red. You can say that you are a small True-Dragon.}"

"So in other words, I am like Great Red’s child." Erin mused. "Wow, from a knight slash Goddess- to a devil turned Dragon."

"{On top of that Uroboros’ power is added into it. Even in this state, your basic physical abilities have improved a bit from before.}"

"Oh.. so there are certain merits too."

"{Yes.The merit of it is improvement of your physical abilities which I just stated, and I can’t predict what kind of growth you will be going through after having the power of True Dragon and Dragon-God added to you. Also it is okay for you to move away from Great Red now.}"

"What about the demerits of this new body?"

"{The demerit is you lost many demonic-abilities because you no longer have the evil-piece within you that were the source of these abilities. There is also the possibility of losing some of your abilities from your Goddess' side. Lastly, the danger of dragon-slayers has greatly increased since you have gained the powers of Great-Red and Ophis.}"

"Those two demerits are certainly bad. Well, for the evil-piece I can ask
Rias for them again, but it's also very frightening to learn that the damage I'll receive from dragon-slayers has increased as well." Erin replied.

"Now, what should we do from here? Even if we stay, the only thing here are the golems that have already stopped functioning, Gogmagog, that are floating throughout the Dimensional gap. We need to find a way to return to everyone."

"{Look, my child.}"

Erin looked up after Voltaire urged her. The smiles of the children in the Underworld began appearing throughout the sky. The children sang a song very loudly and energetically.

- There is a Toppuresu dragon living in the edge of a certain country! 🎶

-The Dragon go for a walk when the weather is good

- Dragon dragon Toppuresu Dragon!
Dragon dragon Toppuresu Dragon!

- She loves to stay topless and tear upper clothes and be shirtless!

- In the edge of a certain town the Dragon is smiling. 🎶

-Even in a stormy day, the dragon comes to save the day!

-CLICK CLICK ZOOM ZOOM-IYANN!
-TOPLESS TOPLESS ZOOM ZOOM-IYANN

-Toppuresu also pushes today! 🎶

"{Great-Red is saying that he is reflecting the feelings of all the children in the Underworld here.}"

"So this song is from the children who are calling out to me…..!" Erin said with a faint gasp

"{Great-Red represents dreams….. The dream one has. The dream one saw. The dream one imagined. He is
showing it to us. Maybe your strong wish to return home has made Great-Red appear by responding to your dream.}"

“Yeah. But this is real. The children are singing for me…..! And it even
reached here…..! It has reached me…..!”

Erin chuckled and couldn’t stop her tears from falling down.

"Weird. The song I detested so much…. Now it feels strong to me... Looks like I’m seriously breaking down now haha."

“{Let it be, my child... This song is something which is very warm. That’s right. You are the Toppuresu-Dragon that lives in an edge of a certain country, and flies to give hope in shiny and rainy days while smiling warmly. That's why, you have to return to everyone’s side.}"

"Yeah, let’s go back Voltaire."

"{Can I ask you to do that Great-Red? Can you return this woman to those children’s places?}"

Voltaire asks and Great Red makes a single loud howl in response. The space in front of them bends, and a crack is made. From there, Erin can see a very large town. ….. and she can sense familiar auras.

"Judging from the color of the sky, that must be the Underworld. And the auras..it’s an aura which makes my heart feel at peace. My friends' aura. My important comrades’ aura.. and the aura of the women I love..."

Erin looks at Ophis beside her

“Ophis, I’m going. To the place where I can return…”

“I see. That…. Makes me a bit jealous.”

Ophis seems lonely. But the Goddess offered a hand to her.

"You are coming with me.”

Ophis opens her eyes wide and seems astonished.

“You are friends with me, right? Then come. Let’s go together.” spoke Erin with a smile

From that moment, the Infinite Dragon who is said to be the strongest, broke into a smile.

"Voltaire and I are friends. I will go together with you.”

Ophis took Erin's hand and together, they went through the crack created within the Dimensional gap.

- End of Chapter -