Chapter 174: Hero's return

Erin changed into her Balance-Breaker and flew into the sky. She deactivated the electrical sparks of the armor so Ophis can hop on to her back.

"Comfortable." was Ophis' remark after she got settled on the armor

They began heading to the city after the fight with Jabberwocky. Erin can sense the presence of Rias and the others so she opted to head quickly to the city.

"They should be there if I’m not mistaken. Wait, there are columns of smoke rising from various parts of the city. From the sky I can see many buildings and roads that have been destroyed."

"{Maybe the remaining remnants of the Old-Maou faction are causing
destruction during this crisis. Or maybe it’s the Hero-faction.}"

"Hm..That must be it. It’s the organization that Shalba Beelzebub belonged to. I'm sure they must have caused this during the current ruckus."

“…..To the West.” Ophis who is on Erin's back says that.

“West?”

“Over there. The ones called Asia and Irina are over there.”

"Did she remember the presence of Asia and Irina? Well, Ophis sure is convenient."

Erin spread the wings of her armor and head towards the direction Ophis gave her.

After a few minutes of flying, she began to sense familiar auras. At the location where there are many columns of smoke rising from, Erin confirmed the presence of several shadows.

"There they are! Saji and President Sona is there too. Wait, Gasper? Is he unconscious? Ah, Sairaorg and that Lion are there as well!"

The Goddess dropped down in the middle of the group after confirming that it was them.

“Hi everyone! I have just returned!”

"..............................................."

"Huh? That's weird." Erin blinked in surprise after receiving no greetings in return. Everyone seems dazzled as if they discovered a great mystery.

"Oh. Jeanne is here as well." the said woman is looking at Erin in shock. "Heracles is also on the ground.. Were they fighting the Hero-faction? I don't see Cao Cao anywhere though..."

"{Maybe they don’t recognize that it is you? That's why they looked shocked.}

"Oh.. Well then."

Erin retracted the head gear of her armor and showed her face. Lirenkus who was held hostage by Jeanne clapped excitedly upon seeing the Goddess

"Toppuresu Dragon!"

"Yes. I have returned while riding on Great-Red." replied Erin with a smile

The group finally snapped out of their trance and they called Erin in unison.

“Erin!"
“Erin-san!”
“Erin-senpai!”
“Erin!"
“Is that you Erin-san!?”
“You were alive Erin?”
"Erin you're back!"
"Eriiiiiin!"

"Hey hey hey! Do I really need to confirm myself by the idea of Toppuresu? My existence sure is a horrible thing like always!" Erin said teasingly.

Asia, Koneko and Akeno came running towards Erin. They clung onto the girl while hugging her.

“Erin! Erin! You're back, Erin!"

“Senpai…… Welcome home.”

“…..Please. Don’t leave me again….. I don’t want to live in a World without you.."