Specials! 33: Eternal Friend

Kiba and Erin joined the other members after their training. When they reached the living room, the rest of the members were attentively listening to Akeno.

"Hi. What's up?" Erin said as she settled next to Rias.

"The members were just asking Akeno on how we met each other." replied Rias with a smile. "That's why, Akeno is narrating her story right now."

"Oh. This must be a coincidence then." Erin said as she shared a look with Kiba.

"Coincidence?" Rias curiously said and Erin explained to her on how she previously learned of Kiba's past.

“You were Rias-san's first servant, right Akeno-san?” Xenovia asked

“Yes, that’s correct. I am Rias’ first servant.”

Akeno puts her cup away and then speaks.

"I, who had lost my mother by the hands of those who detest the Fallen
Angels, disagreed with my father Baraquiel, and continued to have a lifestyle where I travelled to different places by myself. I was ten years old at that time. It’s an age which was practically impossible for one to live on one's own."

The raven head chuckled lifelessly

"I even remember how my younger self believed strongly that I still have to keep on living on my own. I definitely can’t rely on my father. If I do……I feel like my heart will break from the sorrow of losing my mother and being scared at the hatred others had towards my father."

Irina was close to shedding tears. Asia was beside her who was also controlling her emotions.

"What I had in my hand was my pocket money with only a bit of savings in it. I was thinking of buying a present for my mother for her birthday using that money. I did my best to not use that money, but I couldn’t overcome my empty stomach that had reached its limit, and I ended up using it while I kept on apologizing to my mother inside myself.

"I needed to somehow make some money despite being a child. However, there was no way that there were places that would hire a child that was merely ten years old."

Akeno raised her hand and summoned a bit of lightning

"It happened on a certain day. I helped a child that was possessed by an evil spirit by chance. Then the child’s parents gave me a small quantity of snacks. My merit is the ability to control lightning that was passed down from my father and the power to purify spirits that I learned from my mother. From then on, I started to talk to the people that were possessed by evil spirits, purified them, and had a lifestyle where I received a bit of money and food from them."

"After that, I travelled around Japan, I started to learn how to communicate
with abnormal beings, and was able to take my distance from humans. I prefer to not have a close relation with humans since I consider myself as an abnormal being."

"We had the same thoughts at some point." Erin mused, remembering the times where she thought that she isn't a normal human.

"A year and a half had passed. I sneaked into this certain town located in the T-prefecture. I had contact with a human that was capable of talking to spirits for a temporary time due to making a pact with a Devil. That person accidentally spoke to an evil spirit, got possessed by it, and almost got killed by it. I ended up saving that person."

"It was only afterwards that I would come to know that the human was someone that had been making a pact with the servant Devil of the current Head of the House of Gremory. At that time, I realized it was my mistake for stepping foot into the Devil’s territory."