Chapter 218: Shirone-mode

“The increase in battle force of the Sitri group is overwhelming..."

Xenovia mutters while the group goes down the stairs.

“In terms of overall balance in the game, Sona’s side is already above this group. If you simply focus on fire-power, then you’ll have a hard time for your future games, Rias.” Azazel remarks.

“I know that. I have never once looked down on Sona.”

After going down the stairs, the group come out into an open space again.
There are four spacious floors including the deepest floor within the basement of this castle. The floor they are in is the second one.

“They are here. Just like the King said.”

“Yeah, the rumored Gremory group.”

“They would be good opponents for us that have been strengthened.”

The Vampires are clearly displaying an atmosphere where they are above the rank of the soldiers on the previous floor. Instead of the soldier’s armor, they are wearing regular clothing, but the pressure coming out from their body isn’t comparable to the other soldiers at all.

“They must be the direct subordinates of the higher-ups of the coup d’état faction. They aren’t pure-bloods, but they are warriors that carry the traits of Vampires strongly.” Azazel mutters.

“So we have enhanced warriors next huh? Either way, Balance Break.”

*(FLASH!)*

Erin transformed into her armor immediately.

"It’s probably a good time to wear this. The danger increases as we travel further down the stairs after all. Now then, what should we do?"

The Goddess came up with an idea and looked at Kiba and Issei.

“How about we attack them together?”

Hearing this, the boys make a fearless smile.

“There’s no way I can decline after receiving an invitation from you. Okay, let’s dance together with the Blue Empress, Red Emperor and the holy-demonic sword.” Kiba said as he gripped his sword.

"Alright! Let’s take this on with the awesome Friend-Trio!"

"BALANCE BREAKER!"

Issei transformed into his armor. Before he had the chance to take a step forward, Irina and Xenovia ran past him.

“We’ll take the first move!”

After they close the distance with the enemies, they start slashing towards them.

“Ku! A holy-sword!”

The Vampire that just whined changes his body into mist and avoids the first strike. But the strike from Xenovia and Irina doesn’t end there since a holy aura is emitted from their blades.

“Stretch out!”

Xenovia makes a second strike by changing the blade of Durandal into a whip to slash down the Vampire.

“Nuwah!”

The Vampire couldn’t dodge it and gets hit by it, but he doesn’t receive that much damage from the holy-sword.

"Normally, Vampires are weak against holy attacks similar to Devils. Since he didn’t receive that much critical damage from it, it means that they have overcome their weakness due to the Holy Grail." Erin mused.

“Hmm, even though we swung our swords softly, I don’t feel good about Durandal not working properly on the Vampires." sighed Xenovia.

“But they are not opponents we can’t defeat. We can certainly win if we attack them again and again. The problem is that we can’t waste that much time.” Irina replied.