Chapter 197: Sitri & ORC Combo! II

"Take down the leader of the Sitri!"

The magicians started to concentrate their attacks on Sona. But around her—and also the other rearguards, a strong blue barrier comes out. The one who activated that is the Bishop Hanakai Momo-san.

“I won’t let you take down Kaichou and the rearguards.”

Bracelets appear on both her arms, and those bracelets are emitting auras. It is barrier-type artificial Sacred Gear and it seems like it has a wide range since it can cover the whole group of rearguards.

However, the magicians don’t care whether the barrier is up and they resume their attacks. Several magicians appear and disappear instantly. They keep on using simple teleportation by appearing and disappearing.They went through the group's formation and close the distance to Sona.

“Heh! Here, eat thiiiis!”

A magic-circle appears in the air upside down, and a giant rock appears from it.

"If something like that drops on the rearguards, even Hanakai-san’s barrier won’t last!" Issei said in worry.

“Ara ara, I won’t allow that.”

While making a fearless laugh, Akeno shoots demonic-power towards the falling rocks. An enormous eastern shaped dragon made up of thunder and light pierces through the rocks.

Flashes of lightning and the sound of an explosion occurs, then the rocks easily break in every direction. A large fragment of rock is about to fall from above the rearguards' head, but the Thunder Dragon moves around the air as if it has its own mind, and it devours the fragments into it.

Akeno is smiling while having electricity running through her fingers. Six Fallen Angel wings are growing on her back and she has a golden bracelet with magical symbols equipped on both her arms.

“That dragon is called Raikouryuu. Because I have been taking in Erin's ki with my own body, I have become able to use a special technique like this.”

"So all those relentless advances towards me has a positive effect after all." Erin sheepishly remarked. "Since Akeno has been sucking in my Dragon’s ki, the thunder and light changed to shape of a Dragon. And it can also move as if it has its own thoughts."

“That Queen has openings in her defence!”

The magicians haven’t flinched even if the rocks have been destroyed, and they release their next attack. They shoot out many lights with strong density in the shape of an arrow. Light is poisonous to Devils so the attack would be fatal to the group.

Without any worries, Akeno uses defence by activating a magic circle, and blocks all of the enemy attacks.

"Wait.. instead of a magic-circle from
demonic-power, it’s a magic-circle with magical symbols and marks on it." Erin's eyes slightly widened. "Akeno used magic just now!"

“Ufufu, it’s a defence spell taught directly by Rossweisse-san. I will enhance my Rook trait with this.”

"Akeno is a Queen. She has the abilities of Rook, Knight, and Bishop. But, a Queen will have their strong points and weak points when they are using the traits of the 3 pieces, and there seems to be compatibility with them as well. So the ability they are good at using will differ by each person." Sona explains.

"Akeno isn’t good with the trait of a Rook. For that reason, she had many disadvantages in terms of defence. Of course, the trait she is the best at using is the Bishop. But since your group had many battles with strong foes, she has started to overcome her weak points and has started to get stronger by learning defence-type magic."