87 - Aberforth Dumbledore

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N!)" Fred's voice pulled you out of your thoughts. The Weasley boy was walking down the hill, waving and sending you a joyous smile as he got closer. "Everything alright darling?" He questioned, now standing a few steps away from you. "Bloody hell you look as if you've just seen a ghost." 

"Hmm? Oh, I'm fine Freddie, just shaken up with yesterdays events, that's all." You gave him a small smile as Fred wrapped his arm around you. 

"Y'know I'm here if you wanna talk about it." He smiled as he guided you back up to the cottage that sat above the hill. "We've got a day or so to relax anyway, besides, I'm surprised you aren't screaming the house down by now -" 

"Why would I be screaming the house down?" You questioned, looking up at your boyfriend. 

"Because you want to with Harry, Ron and Hermione." 

You gave Fred a faint smile at his claim. "Well, maybe I wanted to stay here until they need us and spend time with my boyfriend before our world begins to fall apart." 

At your words Fred pulled you into his chest, wrapping his arms around your waist so he could pick you up with one swift movement. Not expecting him to do that you let out a yelp of surprise as you began to wrap your limbs around the boy so you wouldn't fall. 

"Oi!" Another Weasley's voice pulled your attention away from Fred and over to the front door. "You heard what Mum said, she doesn't want grandchildren just yet -" 

"Give it a rest Bill!" Fred huffed, placing a kiss on your forehead as he put you down. "C'mon," Fred guided you inside the house. "Fleur made us all lunch." 

Since Harry, Ron and Hermione left in search of the newest Horcrux you and Fred had far more time to yourselves. That meant the silencing charm came in handy most nights, one night the two of you did forget to add the charm on the room, and if Ollivander weren't traumatised enough from the Death Eaters then he would be after hearing you two all night. Needless to say, Bill wasn't best pleased when he was woken up to the sound of his brother and his girlfriend having sex only a few doors down. Although that wasn't the only charm the two of you had forgotten to mutter before the act. 

It was now dusk and the two of you were sitting on the house stairs, watching the sunset behind the waves. It was rather peaceful by the beach especially when the two of you were under a blanket and embraced. Your head was resting on Fred's chest as you both watched the waves crash against the sand. It was heaven to you. 

"Have you heard anything yet?" You broke the silence. 

"Not yet love." Fred placed a kiss on the top of your head as he finished speaking. 

"Do you think they're okay?" 

"Course they are." He kept his gaze fixed on the waves. "The three of themselves haven't been killed just yet, have they?" 

"They better not get themselves killed. Harry is one of the smallest pieces of family left, not to mention how Ron and Hermione might as well be family to me considering we spend so much time with them." 

"They'll be fine, c'mon it's like you, me, George and Lee always said," Fred smiled at the memory of you all at Hogwarts. "when we're together we'll never die." You smiled with him. "I always remember we used to say 'never die' because if we said 'nothing would go wrong' something was almost bound to go wrong." You both laughed at his words. 

Your Hogwarts felt long gone. What you would give just to go back to those simpler times, the days where you and the boys would drive every teaching insane by pulling pranks on everyone in sight, the Quidditch days where Oliver would try and drown himself in the showers if Gryffindor didn't win, not to mention Lee's commentary during the games. You'd lost count how many times McGonagall would yell or try and snatch his microphone away from him.