17

"Ikenna come and show them how it's done around here", Ikenna walked to the front of the class in all his nonsense 'glory', took the marker and solved the question literally within ten seconds.
"Correct", everyone clapped for him as he walked back to his seat, well everyone but me.
"I'm pretty sure his head is swelling right now because they're clapping for him, mtcheww anumpama", jenny laughed at my choice of words

"Don't let him hear you oo", taaa!! what will happen? Abeg leave that thing joor. The teacher went on and on about the lecture, he kept calling Ikenna to solve his question as if he was the only person with brain in the class and I was getting very irritated at the way he made us all look like fools. He write a question on the board and turned to look at us.
"Okay class, this is the last question and we are done for the day. Who can solve it?" He didn't even give us time to talk before he continued.

"No one? Not surprised, Ikenna come solve it", this time saying I was angry was a big understatement. As usual Ikenna solved the question and we clapped again.
"With that we have come to the end of the class. We'll be having aa quiz on Friday and it's going to make up 30% of your result so prepare extremely well for it", with that he left the class. Everyone was grumbling which I didn't find necessary, we had civic next and the teacher was fun and nice, before we knew it the class was already over.

The next was a free period, everyone was either relaxing, gisting or pressing away on their phones, Mirabel was all over Ikenna as usual. Sometimes I do pity him but then when I remember the way he insulted my height I'll be like 'amanda he deserves all his getting'. I turned to check what jenny was doing and she was unwrapping a sweet
"Oh my gosh pin popppppp!!! gimme gimme", I said in a baby voice giving her my puppy dog eyes.
"Ohhhhhhhh, take joor, it's all yours. Everytime you're using this your yeye puppy dog eyes, it's when I'll start using my own on you, you'll go bankrupt", I laughed a bit and took the sweet. After much consideration I gave it back to her because it might be the only one she had.

"Nawa oo, you and this your guilty conscience. Don't worry about it, I have a whole pack with me"
"Mad ooo, jenny jenny, you know I love you a million bunch shey?"
"See this girl oo, because of sweet you now love me abi?"
"Ahh, no oo, I've always loved you but the sweet works like a catalyst, it increased it by a million folds"
"You know what, let's strike a deal"
"What deal?"
"Calm down nah, allow me to land ni"
"Kk"
"Here's the deal, I'll give you as much sweet as you want as long as you don't use those your puppy dog eyes on me ever again"
"Deal", she took like ten sweets out of the packet and gave me the whole bag.

"All of it just for me?".
"Yes, I had two but I have finished one, I'm tired of licking sweet sef"
"No problem, how are my puppy dog eyes by the way?"
"Trust me when I say it can move mountains. Like if someone God forbid kidnaps you, just give them those eyes and you're as good as free", we both chuckled.
"Ok oo, let's go and read nah", I said with the sweet in my mouth.
"Ohhh, the only thing you know is read, sleep, eat"
"Maybe", I said while smiling.

"Mad oo, this girl which planet did you come from sef. Everytime read read read, nawa oo. Ohh and by the way you have sparkling eyes"
"Awwwww, shey?", I cooed
"Yep, I saw it very well when you smiled. I didn't know people's eyes could sparkle"
"Neither did I but I guess I'm unique", I said flashing her my million dollar smile.
"Yeah yeah let us be going before your head swell finish", I laughed as she dragged me out of the class and up the stairs. We entered the lab and took our seat, I was setting up to read when jenny turned as if she wanted to gist.

"Guess what happened yesterday"
"What?"
"I said guess nah, I'm not meant to tell you, mtcheww"
"Jeez, you know how horrible I am at guessing"
"You and I know that I don't know that"
"Well now you know so tell me already"
"Okay. So, yesterday night Brian told me he likes me", I was shocked a bit though I didn't know who Brian was.
"Wow, who's Brian?"
"That guy that hangs out with Ikenna"
"Great, because saying it like that makes it so much better"
"Brown skin, smooth, clear, pimple-less face?"
"Don't know him"
"Oya, he's the hottest with the most fashion taste"

"Ohh, that fresh bobo"
"Yes"
"Hmm, what did you say?"
"I told him that the feeling wasn't mutual nah. Am I mad to make mistake and fall for him"
"Ah ah, why nah, what happened to him?"
"You've not heard? He's the king of players in this school, he uses girls and dispose them like empty tissue paper. Infact he has broken the hearts of virtually all the girls in the senior class. Rumour has it that he has slept with every girl in ss3, it remains like 3% in ss2 and it's mission accomplished. He's not the dating type. Better be careful around him oo, so we won't be hearing stories that touch the heart."
"Babes, don't you know me again. Guys like that filled my old school to the brim, don't worry I can handle him very well"
"I trust you nah"

"Good, now let's read, we have just 15 minutes till break time."
"Ok", we read our books in peace. After a while the bell rang signalling it was break time. I took out my chips and opened it to eat.
"Babes remain for me oo, lemme run and buy something"
"Okay"
"What should I buy for you?"
"Anything the lord lays in your heart"
"No wahala", with that she left.

Jennifer's p.o.v
I left the lab in a haste to buy what I would eat, I bumped into someone as I was running.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry", I looked up and saw Brian with Ikenna and co.
"It's fine princess", he said as he winked at me.
"Guy let's go, leave this nerd alone", Chinedu said as Ikenna nodded in agreement. I sighed and turned to take my leave and as I left Brian hands touched me.
"What the" I turned to look at him as he winked and licked his full pink lips in a sexy way which made me blush. They left and I came back to my senses and went to the canteen.

Amanda's p.o.v
I wore my headphone and listened to music while eating and solving a physics question. I was almost done when someone took off my headphone. I looked up and saw Ikenna with his two friends
"I wonder what you're always listening to", he wore my headphone and started listening to my music. Being fed up with his presence and nuisance I turned off the music, dropped my chips and stood up. He took it off and gave it to me.
"Nice choice of music but I think you'll be better with rock and roll"
"And who are you to dictate the kind of music I listen to if I may ask?" I said snatching my headphone from him.

"I am me"
"I don't know how many times you want me to say this but this will be the last time I'm saying this. Leave me alone"
"And if I say no nko?" I looked at him then hissed and went back to what I was doing. He sat on the chair beside me and watched my every move as I placed the headphone on the table and drank some water.
"You know, I find you really attractive and cute when you're angry for some weird reasons"
"Do I look like I care?"
"Guys you see what I'm saying, she looks like a cute teddy bear"

"Yea", his friends said. I looked at them, put my bottle back in my bag and continued solving physics.
"Do you know that reading too much is not good for your health?"
"Do you know that putting your nose where it doesn't belong is not good for your health ?"
"Touché"
"Guy why you dey bother yourself nah, we all know that no matter how much anybody reads they don't stand a chance against you. No matter how much she reads she no go reach you for this world", the Brian guy said. That statement alone made me hate him to the core.

I looked at him then his friends for a while and wore back my headphone and continued listening to the music to calm myself down or else I would kill somebody's stupid sons. He(Ikenna) touched my headphone and I smacked him real hard on the hand, I reduced the volume and turned to look at him.
"Owwww, that was very painful, don't you have a heart?"
"Don't do that ever again"

"You're a meanie"
"Awww, thank you, I'm so flattered. Now get the hell outta hear and shut the door behind you"
"I..."
"Ahh, Ikenna, just the guy I was looking for, come", our chemistry teacher called him.
"This isn't over yet, I'll be back", he left with his friends, jenny walked in immediately they entered uncle's office.

******
Hi everyone
How are you guys
Merry Christmas in advance.

How was the chapter?
Don't forget to vote, comment and share to your friends so they can join you and read this lovely story.