20

I was too focused on what I was doing to notice when Jennifer took a sit beside me. My mind wondered a bit thinking about how much fun it would be for me if I could spend sometime with my mom, I really miss her presence. Growing up without a mother figure at home is a lot harder than I imagined. Every child needs a mother's love in their live and I was really craving that love right now.

"Hey, what's wrong? why the tears?", Jenny's words snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked at her worried face. I didn't realize that I was tearing up. Cleaning the tears on my face I faked a smile at her to assure her that I'm okay.
"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine"
"You're not. If you were you won't be crying now would you? Come on, tell me what's bothering you"
"It really is nothing, I'm just tired that's why"
"Okay. Since you choose not to speak up, let me believe you"

"You're done already?"
"Yes, I stopped where you told me to so they're free for the rest of the period if I'm correct"
"I think so too. We weren't given any other instruction", i continued with my homeworks while jennifer was typing away on her phone meanwhile the students were conversing among themselves, probably something like a class meeting.
After some minutes I was finally done with everything.
"Finally! I'm done with this thing, now I can breath properly" I said while tucking my books into my bag. Looking up I see jennifer staring at me like I've done something wrong.

"Any problem?"
"No", I nod and continue stuffing my bag with my books
"Actually, yes. How is it that you spend all your free time on books? Like don't you have any activities you indulge in that isn't book related?" I roll my eyes at her as I was expecting that question eventually with the couple of looks she's been giving me today.

"Well, if you must know, I was once a passionate member of the art club in my former school. I really enjoy drawing as it lets me express how I feel through drawing"
"Ok, that's cool, do you like have any samples of your work? I like to know what I'm working with"
"Yh, I actually carry my book around just incase", bringing out my lovely sketch book I designed myself, I give it to her and watch her expression as she flips the pages with her mouth wide open.
"All I can say is wow, I'm blown away. These are lovely pieces oo. Girl! You've got crazy talent"
"Thanks"

We were still talking when uncle walked in and commanded the class to be silent. He appreciated Jennifer and I for a job well done then proceeded to teach the class with the remaining time he had left. The bell rang signalling the end of the period and the end of my freedom. I had to get back to class fast as we had computer next and I heard that he doesn't tolerate lateness. Leaving the class before jennifer, I ran down the stairs in a rush. Bumping into someone I go tumbling down the few stairs left.
Oww was all I could say as I laid on the floor in pain. My elbow really hurt as it received most of the impact from the fall.

"You have eyes, use them well next time and do us all a favour by watching where you're walking", that voice sounded so familiar and irritating. I lifted my head a bit to see who was spewing such nonsense and wasn't surprised when I saw mirabel and Ikenna standing at a distance.
"You talk too much", I laid back on the floor for a while before getting up and dusting myself.
"Sorry about that", I said.
"Wow, she actually isn't going to talk rudely this time around. That fall must have shifted your brain to it's right position. Nicely done.", Ikenna spoke while smirking.
"I honestly don't have time for your charade. You guys are below me and I won't stoop low to play this game with you guys"

"This girl really thinks she's above me. Hello? You seem to have forgotten who my dad is so quick but I'll remind you"
"No need to, I haven't gotten that your dad is the senator. It's very hard to forget when that's all you seem to talk about."
"Good. Let it stick and sink in. Talking to you alone is beneath me and it sickens me that I have to deal with you. You don't even have a title. You're just a simple old you and I'm me with a title attached to my name. My value is way beyond your imagination and I'm above your hierarchy by this much" she said as she used her hand to demonstrate the distance between her and me.

"Whatever makes you happy but just stay clear from my path"
"I should be telling you that. If you try me I'll crush you like the little bug you are. Have I made myself clear?"
"What's going on here?" Jennifer stops in her steps as she sees us. Probably wondering what's going on. She looks at me as I cling on to my hurt elbow. Staring at her I shake my head and stroll into the class as Ikenna and Mirabel take their leave. Following me she keeps asking questions upon questions but I don't reply because I don't feel like.

"What was that? Answer me this instant"
"What was what?"
"It looked like you guys were having a heated conversation"
"It's nothing important. Just leave it"
"But.."
"I said leave it Jennifer. You worry too much over nothing"
"Hmm, okay oo. I won't push it."
"Thank you"
"But I'm just saying that.."
"Jennifer. What did I say?"
"That I should leave it"
"Good. So leave it. Now, let's get to the lab. I don't want to make a bad first impression" she nodded and with that we picked our books and head over to the lab for class.

*After class*
Jennifer and I conversed and laughed as we walked out of the lab. Heading towards the steps, I hear a distant voice calling for me to stop. Turning back, I stare as I watch Ikenna run towards us signalling with his hand that we should wait up for him.
"I wonder what this one wants now", I whisper to Jennifer as she looks at him. Once he reaches us I speak up first.
"How may we help you young man?"
"Umm, firstly, enough with the formalities. Secondly, I want to apologise on behalf of Mirabel. I can assure you that she didn't mean to bump into you and I'm sorry about how she spoke to you. Trust me she means no harm"
"Firstly, I don't really care if she means harm or not. If she wants battle then she should prepare for war because I'm a walking nuclear weapon on my own. Secondly, I think it's high time you kill the act, it sickens me. What's the point of pretending to be nice to me when both of us know you don't like me one bit. You've made it clear since the first day I met you at that restaurant, so stop acting all nice."

"Wait you guys have met before this school?"
"Shut it", both of us say in sync to Jennifer.
"This is so funny. You really think I'm pretending. Why would I waste my time and energy pretending to be nice? If I don't like you I wouldn't spare you a glance talk more of checking on your well being. So no, I'm not pretending to be nice."
"He does have a point sha" Jennifer pipes in
"See, no bad blood from here though but I don't really care. Just stay clear from me with your sorry for an attention seeker of a girlfriend" we stare at each other for a while before he left.

****
#runaway writer alert.
Hey guys, I'm really sorry I went mia for so long but I'm back now with better content. Thank you so much for reading this chapter. Will be dropping more bangers from time to time. I'm also editing the uploaded chapters and making some changes, please do check them out from time to time. My aim is to put out the very best I can.