17

Haz's POV:

"What the hell was that out there?", Zayn stormed into my office while I was figuring out what even happened to me. I know I shouldn't have reacted in such a way but something just burnt inside me when I saw her claiming my husband. It may be a fake marriage, I don't care, but I just don't want to ruin my reputation if this gets out.

"What did I do?", I played nonchalant, searching for something on my desk, just to avoid looking at him. He didn't reply anything which made me look at him eventually only to see his eyebrows scrunched together in anger and confusion. "I really don't know what I did wrong. Care to explain?", I still tried my luck.

He leant forward, resting his palms on my desk, looking directly into my eyes. "I don't know what you are playing at, Styles. Why the hell did you say that to my friend?", the way he said 'friend' irritated me to no end.

"What did I say? I don't remember", I pushed him.

"You know what you said. Don't play with me", he threatened.

"Yes. I said you're my husband. What's wrong with it? You indeed are. Right?", I questioned making him grow angrier.

"But why do you want to claim that title? Remember we're only married on the paper. Why did you act like a jealous wife? We aren't a real life couple. What the hell?", He screamed at the top of his lungs. He turned away from me, pacing restlessly across the room, running his palm through his hair.

"Why are you so worried about it? Who's she? Your girlfriend?", I questioned instead of controlling my mouth. His head turned so fast towards me that I was literally scared. His eyes held so much anger in them that it genuinely scared me.

"I'm warning you, Styles. Stay. away. from. me. There's a limit for everything. Never cross your boundaries with me. I'm well aware of how to put the kibosh on whatever is happening here. Don't make me do something I don't want to. STAY. THE. FUXK. AWAY", he warned before turning on his heel and walking away furiously.

I sat confused about his behaviour but still I realised that he's totally right. Everything is fake in this relationship, if you even wanna call it that. There's no need for anything more. It'd definitely hurt in the end. Three Sixty five days it is. Let it be that way. No need to play happy family for a temporary marriage.

💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛

A week later:

"Are the decorations done and over with? Remember, this is a runway show with Dinner. So, cross check if everything has been set properly. Keep an eye if the Starters and drinks are served properly during the show.  If a complaint gets to my ears, you will be fired", I ordered my assistant over phone while I was getting ready for the event inside the dressing area.

Today, I am obligated to officially introduce my husband to the fraternity, as gossips travel faster than fire

Today, I am obligated to officially introduce my husband to the fraternity, as gossips travel faster than fire. The incident almost a week ago caused a huge issue, not only in my office but also on the media. Since I had already informed the board of directors about my wedding, it's an inevitable necessity now to introduce my husband to the world. Zayn, however, was a tough nut to crack and didn't comply to my plan initially until I played my trump card. Using his sisters to make him agree. At first, I felt guilty to have included them in this chaos but they were more than happy to help me. Nevertheless, he was now standing in front of the mirror combing and setting his miraculously long grown hair with an unknown hair gel. I was surprised at how fast his hair grew. He was almost bald at the wedding a month ago but now he had hair reaching to below his ears. I did measure with my curious eyes. Nothing weird.